TotalFreedom is officially a decade old.

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I'm sure this is not something most of us expected to happen. If you asked me how long I thought TF would be around for a few years ago, I would definitely not have predicted we'd live to turn ten years old - and I'm sure that's the case for most people that have been here a while. We've faced many challenges over the years, and it's only because of the community that we continue to exist. TotalFreedom might have come to an end in 2017, if Windows had not taken over ownership to carry on the legacy Mark left behind.

Each owner shaped the server in their own unique way. None of them were perfect, but they all gave us some of the highest highs. And when the server experienced the lowest lows, that's where the community stepped in. When the server went down for the first time due to a lack of funding, the community took charge to bring it back AND elected their new leader. When the server was purged this year, the community once again stepped in to restore the server files, forums, and Discord guild.

I've always said that the most valuable thing we have is the community. It's more than just a Minecraft server - it's a family. I've met some of my closest friends here. I've learned some very useful skills here. I would not be the person I am today if I hadn't stumbled across this little server called "TotalFreedom" all those years ago. I know that there are a lot of people who have similar stories. I know there are people that have just begun playing recently, and they're extremely valuable too - every single player is valued. Everyone in the Discord guild but doesn't play on the Minecraft server is valued. Every forum lurker is valued. Anyone involved in the community, in any capacity, is valued.

I'm insanely proud to be a part of and represent this community. It really warmed my heart to see how people came together after recent events. Even the old and inactive players came back to check on how we were doing. I like to think it's because TotalFreedom had some impact on their life. I know I've said the word "community" a lot in this post, and that's because it matters. The community is our most valuable possession. I'm honored to be able to represent us on this very important day.

I hope that everyone has a great 10th anniversary. Keep an eye out on the forum for some very cool announcements. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOTALFREEDOM!

• Woohoo! Happy 10 years.

I’ve been playing for about 6 years and have to say I love this server so much, and the community here. I’ve said for a few months now I feel like TotalFreedom is the last genuine Minecraft server, it feels like we have an actual community that’s pretty big, but also tightly knit together, and we know people and meet friends, something you can’t find anywhere else. I am so glad I discovered this server and had all the incredible times I have!

• Pleasantly surprised that Total Freedom has made it this long. Feels like yesterday being back in 5th grade joining for the first time. Now, I have reached the legal drinking age and can still log on and play on the server! I will always value the TF Community for the fact that I matured and improved as a person over the years while pursuing my administrative duties here. It brightens my day to see this community still going strong today.

• I think it is testament to the strength of this community that, after ten years and three owners (and about to get a fourth!), the server is still going strong. This is an exciting day for the server and for the community - a birthday which few servers can boast of reaching. This is a milestone that we can celebrate with pride.