Renovate the ban appeal system

• The current ban appeal system is 100% on the forum, meaning that OPs need to make an account just to appeal. Although it is not hard to make a forum account, a lot of people (such as children) have restrictions that prevent them from making one, therefore leaving them no choice but to just not appeal.

My suggestion is to have either a microsoft or google form, which OPs fill out and it forwards it to a discord channel called #appeals. We then have two buttons: a tick or a cross - just like on the reports, so we can either accept or deny it.

Edit: Forgot to add that when you click accept the player is automatically unbanned

• Given StevenNL2000 is the network's ban manager I'm happy to defer this decision to him, but I am in agreement that I would very much prefer forum threads over anything else... I've looked before at options like having some sort of Website where players can appeal and it posts here behind the scenes so players don't have to have forum accounts, but there are implications there.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @wild1145#14388 I am not against a Discord channel or web form that automatically submits normal ban appeals to the forum as long as there is a disclaimer that you need a forum account if you want to defend your position, and the system gives you the link to the created thread. Indefinite ban appeals are a different story: I think those should remain manual, at least for now.

• So in short I'm going to deny this, I don't think the original suggestion really fits with what I want the future of the server looking like, and the forums should remain the primary place to do appeals and such.

If in the future we can find a nice way to not need a forum account for the initial appeal then I'm fine with that, but I think it'll need some more thought than what we have so far put into it and that would still not be the same as this suggestion.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK