Ban Appeal (again :rolling_eyes)

• @Blassph completely derailed my other thread and made it go completely off topic so I'm going to post it again.

Your Minecraft name

shroomp

The date and time you were banned.

5 minutes ago

What type of activity you were doing at the time of the ban (e.g. chatting, building, using world edit, etc.) or state "offline" if banned while offline. For the purpose of the appeal, only use the term banned offline if you haven't been on the server in the past 24 hours AND do not have a ban reason specified. So for example, if you leave the server for 10 minutes and find you're banned when you try to return, that's NOT an offline ban for the purpose of the ban appeal - just state what you were doing just before you left the server and that found yourself banned on return.

I was typing the lyrics to Sheff G - Flows (feat. Sleepy Hollow) single released in 2019 ((part 1)

Why do you think you were banned (select the best choice below)? Admins should only ban based on the following policy: http://totalfreedom.boards.net/thread/65799/s…uct-policy-read

a. I don't know because I did not violate any rule as noted in the server conduct policy.
    b. I don't know because I was banned while offline for more than 24 hours or it was my first login to the server
    c. I did violate one of the conduct rules and was fairly banned (state which one)
    d. I did violate one of the conduct rules but shouldn't have been banned (state which one)
    e. I don't know or other (include explanation)

I broke the zero tolerance policy which hasn’t been a thing for a long time

If you answered a, b, d, e above, do you use any client mods or hacks? If yes, which ones?

I use optifine with BSL shaders for a solid minecraft experience I average around 70 frames per second with my settings and this shaderpack enabled. I would recommend it to a friend

Which admin banned you, and what were you told (if anything) before the ban occurred?

Blassph smute/smote/smited me once before for "“zero tolerance policy" then I got banned

Have you reviewed and agree to the server conduct policy (yes or no)? Please review the policy at https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/7

Yes

• You used slurs, which is still against the rules. I just called it the zero-tolerance policy because it has been merged into the rules. I am not going to unban you.

• @Blassph#9047
    The Zero-tolerance-policy (ZTP) was removed, and thus not "merged into" the current conduct policy. The logic behind removing it was because it neglected all context in a given situation and still left up things for interpretation and workarounds.
    Banning people with your justificaiton being grounded in a non-existant policy is abuse. That's not to say that shrimp is not a retard for writing out the song lyrics, in which he knows contains offensive slurs, but that should not necessitate you banning him abruptly. Instead, a warning should be more than sufficient in this instance, and if they then were to continue this behaviour, a tempban or mute would indeed be in order. But basing your reasoning upon the now-obsolete ZTP is absurd. Racial slurs are allowed in discussion wherein it isn't intended to be offensive (i.e. insult). It is at the discretion of the Admin for the interpretation of the wording in situations like these, but the outcome should certainly not be a ban, but instead a warning -> mute -> tempban -> ban.

Vouch

@Miwojedk#9079 Banning people with the justification being grounded on a non-existant policy is abuse.

@Blassph I'm not sure you understand the severity of punishments and when to dish them out. Something you should have done your homework on. Not to mention one of our admins offered to train you, and you said no. You said that you already knew the rules, and that you required no help. Following this you rolled back all of Panther's build, something they had to completely redo. Clearly you need help on how to do your job as an admin.

@Blassph#9047 You used slurs, which is still against the rules. I just called it the zero-tolerance policy because it has been merged into the rules. I am not going to unban you.

I’m sorry what? You banned him for "Zero Tolerance Policy"? That is a warn, smite, /noob, then a ban, your refusal to unban this individual is quite dumbfounding - you do not fucking ban someone for saying something offensive. When you become an admin you need to put all of your ego and personal ideologies to the side, and do your job.

@Blassph#9051 shrimp @speed is not an admin. This is it, i'ma just go and ping someone who can do something about this. fionn

Is this something a professional admin would say? I’m sure fionn will see this post and do his due diligence.

You need to review the rules, staff conduct policy, and learn how and when to give out appropriate sanctions.

If you want help on this matter, DM me.

Vouch

• After what I have heard in this post, I am going to unban shrimp.

Following this you rolled back all of Panther's build, something they had to completely redo. Clearly you need help on how to do your job as an admin.

Yes. After what I have accidentally done, I do think that I need training. I didn't think so before, since I knew the basic stuff, and had thought that was enough.

@redeastwood#9087 I’m sorry what? You banned him for "Zero Tolerance Policy"? That is a warn, smite, /noob, then a ban, your refusal to unban this individual is quite dumbfounding - you do not fucking ban someone for saying something offensive. When you become an admin you need to put all of your ego and personal ideologies to the side, and do your job.

I had banned them because I had already warned them about saying the n word just about 30 seconds before, but they continued right after, so I decided to ban them.

no that policy has not been "merged into the rules". It's similar yes, but there's a reason why we left that policy behind. Banning people with the justification being grounded on a non-existant policy is abuse.

Yes, I should have just put it in as "discriminatory slurs" instead of zero-tolerance policy.

I am sorry to anyone who I have caused an inconvenience to, I am going to be unbanning shrimp as soon as possible, as is my debt to him.