Temporary Forum Restrictions

• Due to the increased spam and other unpleasant content that has cropped up in the last few hours, we are imposing temporary restrictions on who can create new threads without approval on the forums.

This will hopefully allow the forum staff to keep up with content, and ensure we don't get flooded with hateful comments and threads which will take considerable time to clean up.

For the time being Developers, Admins, Senior Admins, Master Builders and forum staff will be able to create threads without approval, but any other members will require a forum staff member to approve the thread prior to it being posted.

We will re-visit these restrictions in the next 24 hours, as I appreciate it's really not helpful, but was the best I could configure for now.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• So there have now been some changes to this.

By default all members no longer need approval to post, however the first 10 posts that anyone makes will need to be approved, and the first 5 threads will be as well. This is to help reduce the amount of spam in general we get.

We will look to tune this number of time, and will be revisited in 72 hours to see if it has the desired affect.

Wild1145

• To update on this, while the initial restrictions to combat a surge in posts originating from individuals who either were or were claiming to be Nathanial have now been lifted, we've decided to keep some of the restrictions as part of vetting new members to the community in place, and there will continue to be some level of initial post approvals in place, as is common with most online forum platforms.

While the exact number of posts & threads that will need to be approved will likely change over time and in response to known threats against the platform, we've not found any major issues with enforcing a handful of posts / threads be moderated for new members of the community, and while I do appreciate it's not ideal it's what happens when individuals decide to go off trolling like this.

To avoid individuals creating these sorts of spam accounts and keeping them in their back pocket, as I say the number of moderated posts will vary in response to threats, and we won't going forward publish the number of posts or threads that are required to be moderated.

Wild1145