Add Geyser and Floodgate

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Geyser is a plugin that allows Bedrock Edition players to join the server. Floodgate is a plugin that allows Bedrock Edition players to join without owning java edition. I think that this would expand the audience of Total Freedom very greatly.

• @StevenNL2000#7994 I've used it, and it is absolutely seamless. It just feels like playing a normal Bedrock Edition server. There should still definitely be testing, though to prove my point.

• @Miwojedk#7998 There are many, many more people who play Bedrock Edition than Java Edition. I think that there are plenty of Bedrock Edition players who have wanted this server for a long time. There's even a hack that lets console players join!

• @Miwojedk#8003 My source is just thinking about it. Bedrock Edition runs on everything, even bad laptops from 2005. It's a mobile game that's on so many platforms that the sum of all of them together has to be bigger than the amount of people who play java edition.

• No new "feature" plugins should be added until we can figure out what exactly is causing all the performance issues. Once we have solved them, or at least have a stable grasp on the issues, then we can start adding those fun plugins.

• Hi, I will look into both later on the developer server - I'll allow testing within the week to certain players. Also, I agree with Darth. Let's find and fix issues before we add more.

• @wild1145#11157 for now i am neutral, the thing is, Its a bit of a tough decision, because by just having geyser and not floodgate, anyone who wants to join from bedrock will have to also own and log into their mc account appon connection, kinda ruining the point. however with floodgate, its a bit weird, as there would then need to be a lot of reworks with various things, luckily, with floodgate you can actually connect it to a java account thus making the issue of account authentication a bit less hard, but either way, things are still a bit wonky, as if i recall correctly, the uuid system with bedrock users is based on some sort of xbox XUID thing, which I don't fully understand, additionally, theres also a number of issues caused by bedrock being 32-bit and java being 64-bit, and then theres a bunch of issues with updating since everything needs to be as up to date as possible for stuff to keep working, and from what i have seen in the past, it takes a good while for us to get updated to new minecraft versions since we have to not only work on our end to be able to get tfm and stuff updated but then also need to wait for the developers of all of our other many plugins to also update their stuff, which means theres a good chunk of time between updates where geyser will probably break.

sorry for long post, just trying to be informative