bring back rule 3o

• Why are people AFKING with Auto join on? If you're doing something, just leave. Like, if you are online people automatically think you are doing something on the server and able to talk in chat. Its just frustrating.

3o prevents people from afking with auto reconnect on, which is pretty annoying when people do.

• ~~object for elmons reason ~~
    (he did not bribe me with his bet winnings)

changed my mind, fuck the bet winnings. im vouching because telnet spam and i want systems to reward those that are actually active. + admins have the same rules in this regard.

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• I object. If the issue is that doing this spams the logs while you are banned, it should be forbidden while you are banned, but that's not an argument for forbidding it at all times.

Regarding activity rewards, I think it would be good to introduce a system where you are kicked again much sooner the second time. If you were just kicked and automatically rejoin, it would for example only take 10 seconds to be kicked again if you don't move.

Having said that, I am actually not convinced that we should be kicking AFK players in the first place, but that is probably best left for another thread.

@StevenNL2000#658 it should be forbidden while you are banned

If a user is AFK they don't suddenly jump to their pc as soon as they are banned - they just keep attempting to rejoin over and over as they're AFK hence why autorejoin should be banned while users are AFK

I agree we shouldn't be kicking AFK users

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

@Luke#659 If a user is AFK they don't suddenly jump to their pc as soon as they are banned - they just keep attempting to rejoin over and over as they're AFK hence why autorejoin should be banned while users are AFK

How often is a user banned while AFK with an auto-rejoin on? That sounds like such a specific and unlikely scenario.

• @Luke#659 As I understand it, what you are saying is that the stricter rule is better because it makes players less likely to break it. Is it the policy's job to safeguard players from breaking it, even if that reduces what the player can do?

• @StevenNL2000#662 In hindsight I should probably make a seperate suggestion but what I'm saying is

Ban users from autoreconnect when afk as if they get banned they'll just keep connecting and connecting

Take today for example - the user UnderTails was banned, but as they had (and still have) autoreconnect, they just attempt to join non stop.

I banned him at 9am GMT. The time now is 7pm GMT. Logs have been spammed for that long, yet we can't do anything regarding it because there's no rule against it despite the fact that logs are now severely clogged.

Introducing a rule to stop autorejoin when not afk is absolutely futile as there's no way to prove it, and it'd fix a non-problem.

@Luke#664 we can't do anything regarding it because there's no rule against it despite the fact that logs are now severely clogged.

I mean what could we do about it, the only way we could prevent log spam would be to nullroute everyone we ban or something

• @Luke#664 I think you misunderstand my point. In your example of UnderTails, they chose to go AFK with automatic rejoin activated. I agree that spamming the logs as a result of that should not be allowed. However, you are saying that it should also have been a rule violation if UnderTails hadn't been banned at all, which does not make sense to me. My point is that players should be able to decide for themselves if they want to take the risk of going AFK with automatic rejoin enabled, instead of us babysitting them.

• @StevenNL2000#667

@StevenNL2000#667 . I agree that spamming the logs as a result of that should not be allowed.

And my point is, this is unenforceable. How are we going to enforce it? By... banning them? When they're already banned?

• @elmon#669 Ideally it would be a filter that is applied when viewing the logs and not when writing them. The BukkitTelnet client for example already has similar filters. Not logging the fact that someone is constantly trying to join at all could be problematic for investigating some future case.

• I agree with the core idea of this thread, but I don't agree with the solution. I think a better solution would be to block those who auto-AFK join to farm activity from rejoining by requiring them to do a capatcha.