Total Freedom is a Shitty Server.

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I implore You to read it all. If not, here is the TLDR:

• Total Freedom is a terrible creative server with lack of building tools, lack of griefer protection, limited WE-usage overall a shitty experience to play on, even for the average player with the amount of crashing.
    • Solutions to these problems are to either remove the plotworld or shrink the size of plots; community-driven projects (e.g. build battle), re-add Voxel-Sniper and add GoBrush (responsibily), completely overhaul WorldEdit – rethink blocked/banned commands and blocks, give players more leeway in regards to edit size. Fix the ridiculous amount of time it takes for World Edit to perform a single edit.
    • These are what I see as the primary factors in TF’s decline.

The Elephant in the Room

For the past several years on TF, or perhaps even for the majority of its lifetime, there has been a constant underlying problem with a core aspect of the server. Perhaps this was not as noticeable 5-8 years ago as it is now, but I can certainly attest that it has dampened the enjoyment I get out of playing on TF.
    Total Freedom is a piece of shit creative server, which has become even more evident with the revival of the game, but a clear stagnation, or perhaps even decrease, in players. With the (increasing) amount of (good) creative servers avaliable to players, the issue has only been exacerbated – why would an average builder, or just player for that matter, choose to play on Total Freedom over other creative servers such as Builder’s Refuge, or pretty much any other creative server wherein you are granted access to tools such as Voxel Sniper, World Edit and Gobrush. TF is too restrictive on World Edit usage for the average player: actually, World Edit is just terrible. Other tools such as Voxel Sniper or GoBrush are non-existent. Blocks such as sand, gravel, concrete powder are banned from WE usage; World Edit takes five minutes to simply do a medium-sized edit, and the other factor of the looming threat of griefers – even if you’re in a supposedly “safe” area all help to provide a shitty experience on a shitty server.

The Average Player

Just to exemplify how the average player experiences this firsthand: I join the server because it attracted me with the title “Total Freedom” and the “all-op” aspect. I enter the Freedom server via the hub, and I begin to build. I want to make a tudor-style house, and thus I want to use white concrete powder, and because I have a big wall to fill, I use //set White_Concrete_Powder and; nothing happens. I look to my chat, and see the message: “Invalid value for (you are not allowed to use 'White Concrete Powder'), […]".
    I think to myself, okay, that’s reasonable enough to block blocks affected by gravity, (although you could simply disable gravity). Minutes later, I now wish to make a pond. I make a hole with //brush (_are ops even allowed to use this command?). I place a solitary block of water on the edge of the hole and type //fixwater 30. Again, nothing happens, because water is blocked. I again shrug, and decide to instead use stained glass for water.
    I select a big area encompassing the hole and type //replace air blue_stained_glass. It works! But nothing’s happening? I now notice there’s a bar slowly filling up at the top of my screen. I wait for two minutes until the bar is halfway, and I think to myself. This server is a shitty false advertisement and leave dissapointed.

Two days go by, and I’m bored. I decide to give Total Freedom another chance, because I still have yet to finish my build. I click join and I walk over to the Freedom server portal. I find the spot where my build was… and it’s griefed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a very common tale.
    Now granted, we now have coreprotect and worldguard to help mitigate the issue of grief – I just thought to point out the fact that the average player is not aware of this: they are not aware that flatlands and the overworld is a battlefield; they are not aware there exists a plotworld (because it is not mentioned anywhere); they are not aware that they are supposed to save their builds as schematics whilst in flatlands/overworld (again, because it is not mentioned anywhere). This is not to mention other factors such as server crashes (granted, this does not happen so frequently any longer).
    Total Freedom used to at least live up to the “All-op” aspect, and certainly in its infancy, it lived up to the name as well. Of course restrictions are to be made in order to have a playable server (which TF barely was in alpha/beta MC days), but this is too much – too dissapointing. Total Freedom is a false advertisement.

Total Freedom is a Stinking Pile of Feces.

I mentioned previously that I could also attest to this. Here’s an example from earlier today. I want to continue building on my mansion in the Master Builder World (MBW), but for the past three days World Edit has been blocked for me in the MBW. I’ve notified nearly all executives (incl. Wild) of this issue, and still nothing has happened. I realize that our developers are busy with keeping the server stable and all, but this is not the first time.
    I then travel to my personal plot in the plotworld, and I decide I want to make a Greek city district. I run in to several issues along the way.
    1) Concrete Powder is blocked (even for Master Builders)
    2) Water is blocked (even for Master Builders)
    3) WE is dogshit with the time it takes to perform.

The fact that the rank “Master Builder”, which is supposed to be a prestigious title with associated perks given to the best builders on Total Freedom, still have these limitations clearly exemplifies, once again, why Total Freedom is a terrible creative server. There is literally not a single reason, other than the community, as to why I would choose to play on Total Freedom over any other creative server, even though I have the highest-attainable builder-title on the server. But there are a plethora of reasons for me to choose others over Total Freedom.

I recently saw a message on the Discord server which prompted me to create this thread. It read something akin to:
    Congratulations to Lykhant for being the first ECD in TF history to actually complete a build (TF HUB) that ends up being used
    Now, the following is not to throw shade at Lykhant, I think they are a great ECD, and I am very pleased with the hub: especially the christmas theme. But I have two overarching issues with the above quote:
    1) It’s a falsehood to say that Lykhant is the only ECD in TF history to complete a build that ends up being used. (Literally ask anyone before 17’ of any builds/spawns I supplied.)
    2) That it completely glosses over the fact that I, alongside the MB team, made – three – different spawns to be used for the server. Two got ruined in two different MBW griefs, and the last is basically stood finished in MBW, but was interupted by a (nonsensical) ECD voteoff to remove me from the position. These are the images I have in my screenshots folder from different time periods (unsorted). Keep in mind, these are far from the finished versions which were present in the MBW prior to the grief:

The island spawn:
    https://imgur.com/a/oyl9uT5

The forest spawn:
    https://imgur.com/a/D72eg7g

The Mansion:
    https://imgur.com/a/Tsmsy7c

The Valley spawn can be seen in the MBW at present date.

The MBW has been griefed at least on three different occassions. A world that is given to Master Builders to have a permanent place to hold their builds. We did not even have a recent backup of the world. This is an utter tragedy in my eyes. Many hours lost because of poor server management. The only reason why I continue to play here is because I have a great deal of friends, whom I have amassed over the years. But instead of whining, I think it is only appropriate to give some suggestions on how to move forward.

Amendments

Since the idea of a plotworld ever came up, I have always been against it. It simply does not fit the server.
    (As I am writing this: I just went on the server to count the size of the plots in the Plotworld. But as I enter the command //count I am once again met with “You are not permitted to do that”. This is a joke. )
    Anyways, I still have ten fingers able to help me count the plot size on Total Freedom and it is 100x100. This is actually an increase since Seth managed the server as far as I am aware. The point of a plot world is to give the player a – small – plot of land to display their builds on. Thus, when you fly over the plotworld, you are met with a great deal of plots within view, so you can easily catch some inspiration from other players. Now, if you fly over the plot world, you can at max see four plots at a time in view – completely ruining one major aspect of the plugin. And again, a plot world is not a good fit for a server named Total Freedom, which entirely depends on being community-driven. 100X100 plots give players the ability to seclude themselves on their little plot of land away from other players – completely removing the “community” aspect of the server. You cannot see anybody building near you. You are alone on your very own plot of land instead of building near spawn in the flatlands or the overworld creating friendsships or screaming “griefer!” and quickly seeing a strike of lightning meet the offender head on. Plot Worlds is a multiplayer plugin for single-player play. Total Freedom is a community.
    Therefore, I have two proposals to consider:
    1) Remove the plot world entirely.
    2) make the plots far smaller (15x15, or max 30x30), this making it easy to browse a variety of different plots, and hopefully having some players near each other as they build on their own respective plot. Right now, the Plot world is boring as shit to look at. A shitty spawn, shitty plots scattered about. I have suggested this before: Make a grand spawn with MB plots located near the spawn in order to inspire and entice the average player to build.

The other glaring issue are the building-tools on the server. I suggest that we, in a responsible manner to prevent abuse, re-add Voxel Sniper and add GoBrush to the building arsenal. Will they need to be restricted? Perhaps, but they should certainly be avaliable to – every – player on their own plot, where they can not ruin another player’s build. And of course I also say that they should be fully avaliable to all MB’s on the server, if they are too be restricted for the average player. And lastly (this might be controversial): if they are to be limited: give the exact same limitations to Admins, because if the average player does not need it, then I do not see why an Admin would need it as well.
    World Edit should be far less restrictive. Commands such as //count, //brush should be avaliable to the average player (certainly in the plotworld, and perhaps in an almost unlimited manner in other worlds). Sand, concrete powder etc. should – not – be banned. If they are such a big nuisance, make them non-gravity in all other worlds except the plot world, where they should keep their gravity.
    Fix the ludicrous time it takes to perform a single edit with World Edit. A huge overhaul is needed to fix the sorry state that World Edit is in. All banned blocks should be reviewed, every blocked command should be reviewed, every restriction should be discussed.

One thing that I welcomed with open arms are the build battles arranged periodically. In general, - any community-driven project is immensely welcome -, so we can once again foster a thriving community on the server. And the fact that build battles give the players the prospect of winning a prize is even better (although I am on the fence on coins and the associated perks, but that’s for another thread). Systems such as the schematic repository, wherein players can download their own schematic from the server and also upload an outside schematic to the server, however, once again this is too limited. The average player should be able to upload their own schematic to the server without an Admin’s help. If the schematic is crude, too big, or used to crash the server, then this should be handled – ingame – not by blocking the function entirely. (is the schematic repository even avaliable anymore?)

If this is not happening already: make periodic (daily) backups of both the plot world and MBW so we never have the issue of a grief occuring slowing down, or entirely destroying, a project. It really is dissapointing that I have to list this as a solution.

Finally, I also advice that we implement a way to inform players A) to save their builds, B) of the plot world, C) of community events, and D) of any other significant information that almost seems privy at the moment. Rules should be clearly listed in the hub (or at least have a sign givin a summarized version or simply informing of /rules).

The overarching message of this entire thread is for Total Freedom to live up to its name. We cannot advertise ourselves as a Freedom server where everybody gets op, when “op” has lost all meaning pertained to it. This, to me, is the most pressing issue causing TF’s stagnation in players.

I chose not to put a poll on this thread because of the amount of proposals within it. I look forward to seeing your comments, disagreements or your own suggestions on how to improve.

• glad i don't have to deal with this anymore (these are all valid claims btw. i didn't dare touch WorldEdit because any other fork simply doesn't work and I'm not familiar with the permissions of WorldEdit to fix things. hopefully that'll change)

• i havent read it all so take this with a pinch of delicately prepared salt:
    i agree with everything in this post and im confidently saying this because ive skimmed over it and think it generally hits a massive nail on the head and also because me and miwo see eye to eye on alot of things. I think this perfectly puts into words a massive feeling ive had for a long time now. also i just wanna say that (i started a hub and it would have been complete had seth etc etc not completely scrapped the hub idea)

also im miwos biggest fan

• I agree with the claims in this post, its pretty annoying to have to go to a secondary server to build my builds, and even worse to have a threat of a rouge master builder or rouge server owner obliterating any amount of progress in my creations. I do hope that these suggestions and amendments will be taken into consideration and acted upon, this is a great list of improvements of some of the servers biggest flaws, I know that things are easier said than done, but considering how orderly the server was able to reorganize itself after the catastrophic deletion, and how it was able to recover so quickly I think its safe to say the server is in good hands, and looking towards a bright future.

• I agree with a lot of these points. I have a hard time showing friends this server due to a fear of how toxic it will be when they join. It is one of the main reasons I avoided the forums due to not wanting to deal with any sort of toxicity that this community might generate. That being said, Miwo asked me to look at this thread.

Personally I am a huge fan of plots. It unfortunately does isolate a lot of players, but i feel like that can be easily fixed by asking to be added to said plot. I consider plot worlds to be the absolute safest place to store my redstone however. Unlike flatlands or even Masterbuilderworld, i can control who exactly can or can't build in my plot (unless they are admin, but they are expected to behave). It also serves as a place where I can build MASSIVE redstone without fear of someone removing it, or having to paste it in again. Also, in masterbuilderworld, while my builds would be relatively safe, I can't give normal players any way to access my stuff. They can't interact with anything, they are just observers there. It is difficult to build with normal players if they can't interact with anything.

My latest project, which is a 50 x 50 x 20 door with highly sensitive redstone, this is the perfect place for my machine. If I were to attempt to paste it in overworked, it would take about 5 minutes for the redstone to resolve itself. Not world edit, but the redstone itself. Of course, some of the redstone will glitch meaning I would have to replace about half the redstone placed. Then I have to reset all the redstone that has different "states" so as its proper, then fill the hoppers with the correct amount of items, as those don't transfer through world edit. It would take me about 30-40 minutes just to paste in this new copy. Now this build isn't quite done yet, so that means that I would have to paste it in. Repair it for 30 minutes, just so i can finish the machine, then save it into a schematic again. I don't have that kind of time for that.

I also used plots sorta like my own version of redgrounds, a place I can keep all my redstone pasted in and edit it as needed. its been a huge help and often times people will fly around in it and look at it, asking me to run something. Sometimes I will trust people so that they themselves can run my machines. It works well, and I think the players love that aspect.

On the topic of redstone however, there are some issues that are of concern. Firstly, if you attempt to move rails in any way with a piston, both the piston and rail get removed. If this is out of fear of lag machines or duplication bugs, I understand the precaution. However the lack of this mechanic has made several of my machines useless and inoperable. I average about 6 - 8 hours of build time on most of my machines, whether its designing, optimizing, or testing. Its pretty frustrating to log on one day and find that there is a new feature added that completely breaks one of those machines. It took me about an hour just to realize what was happening. Rails have a very valuable use in redstone, as they work just like a line of redstone dust, but unlike redstone dust they won't activate pistons or redstone blocks that are next to it, which can be some nice optimization. There is also an issue with Hoppers, Droppers, Dispensers where if they are moved with world edit or schematics, they are emptied. This is a minor nuisance if its maybe one or two hoppers. But some of my builds use a hopper/dropper and comparator mechanic for precise clocks. It becomes a pain when its a few hopper/droppers with a precise amount of items. And if its a build that has over 10 hopper/droppers in it, forget it, i could never remember the exact amount of items needed to fill it correctly.

@Miwojedk#3956 The other glaring issue are the building-tools on the server. I suggest that we, in a responsible manner to prevent abuse, re-add Voxel Sniper and add GoBrush to the building arsenal. Will they need to be restricted? Perhaps, but they should certainly be avaliable to – every – player on their own plot, where they can not ruin another player’s build. And of course I also say that they should be fully avaliable to all MB’s on the server, if they are too be restricted for the average player. And lastly (this might be controversial): if they are to be limited: give the exact same limitations to Admins, because if the average player does not need it, then I do not see why an Admin would need it as well.
    World Edit should be far less restrictive. Commands such as //count, //brush should be avaliable to the average player (certainly in the plotworld, and perhaps in an almost unlimited manner in other worlds). Sand, concrete powder etc. should – not – be banned. If they are such a big nuisance, make them non-gravity in all other worlds except the plot world, where they should keep their gravity.
    Fix the ludicrous time it takes to perform a single edit with World Edit. A huge overhaul is needed to fix the sorry state that World Edit is in. All banned blocks should be reviewed, every blocked command should be reviewed, every restriction should be discussed.

Miwo brings up a fantastic point here. Thats all I got to say about this topic.

@Miwojedk#3956 2) make the plots far smaller (15x15, or max 30x30), this making it easy to browse a variety of different plots, and hopefully having some players near each other as they build on their own respective plot. Right now, the Plot world is boring as shit to look at. A shitty spawn, shitty plots scattered about. I have suggested this before: Make a grand spawn with MB plots located near the spawn in order to inspire and entice the average player to build.

i would like this, with the option to merge and have a bigger plot if needed. best of both worlds

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

@Miwojedk#3956 I suggest that we, in a responsible manner to prevent abuse, re-add Voxel Sniper and add GoBrush to the building arsenal.

@Miwojedk#3956 World Edit should be far less restrictive.

VoxelSniper and goBrush have been suggested and tested before, and given that I don't believe anyone has actively been working against having these plugins on the server, the conclusion is that the hurdle is a technical one. We've had persistent problems with tools included in those plugins that were apparently hard to log and/or block. The very same argument applies to WorldEdit, which is why all of the features you mention are blocked.

Now, all of these problems can of course be solved with a sufficient amount of development effort, and I am certainly not arguing that that effort is not worth it. The main problem there has been that our development team also consists of volunteers, which essentially means that if nobody takes up a task, it will not be performed. This is why we are blocking features rather than fixing them.

@Miwojedk#3956 if they are to be limited: give the exact same limitations to Admins, because if the average player does not need it, then I do not see why an Admin would need it as well.

I am not in favor of restricting commands where there is an alternative solution. However, there is an argument to be made that by giving admins access to these restricted commands, OPs can indirectly make use of them by asking an admin, which is better than having no options at all.

• i feel like we have this conversation every couple of months, lmao. I hold reservations something will change, but hopefully since we're under new management, have new devs, and have a better upper level staff structure, something progressive will happen.

I don't know if i've just grown out of it, but TF has lost its charm it had in previous years.

Vouch for whatever miwo wants. He should be the person in charge regarding this

• "Congratulations to Lykhant for being the first ECD in TF history to actually complete a build (TF HUB) that ends up being used"

who said this, i'm pretty sure (almost) every single ECD has made a build that the server has used (miwo supplying his own builds but also ron coordinating the SMP spawn)?
    but yeah, the servers terrible for builders at the moment - the devs should really disable tptoggle by default (if it isn't already) and encourage newer players to do /tpr or something so they don't get offline griefed as admins don't really wander around to find griefed builds

• @StevenNL2000#3980 If the main factor for us having poor World Edit capabilities alongside lack of building tools such as Voxel Sniper and Gobrush is because it’s hard for developers to program, or because they seemingly do not want to then that is utterly dissapointing, especially when the server is now owned by an, apparently, professional corporation. But I am aware that tools such as Voxel Sniper been implemented in the past, as this caused the grief of the MB World (due to either a rogue Admin, exploit or rogue Master Builder).

• @square#3987 Great point. Overall, I think the creative aspect of the server should be pointed in a more community-oriented direction. Encourage group projects; make players inspired by other players (e.g. plot world suggestion).

• Seconded. I find a tinge of humor in this server transitioning from a focus on the aspect of freedom to a building server when it is one of the most uncomfortable creative servers to build on.

If this server continues to move in the direction of a hobbyist's community, a decision which I would not object to alone, then what exactly is the average player supposed to do here? Block selections are handicapped, the average player cannot import schematics, and from my personal experience as a master-builder, the team is split down the middle between engaged contributors and legacy holders of the position who do not wish to engage in any team effort.

In terms of my activity as a master-builder, I was of the latter group, given that I already have a server of my own to make progress with, and my application for the position of master-builder was filed at a time when the rank was not seen as a project of dedication to the server. What we have now is the natural effect of taking a position and changing its directive.

People are going to skim over this thread and come to the conclusion that inactives are complaining to complain, however this belays something that everybody should realize: the server, in its current state, has a problem which cannot be fixed without fundamentally changing its goals. Seth and Windows firmly placed the server on differing paths, and Wild should decisively state where he wants this server to be in three years for this community to work towards that effect.

There's no use in advertising a server with no clear purpose. For those who put advertising over a change in directive, you should consider what new players are expected to do on TotalFreedom.

• I agree with basically everything in this thread. From an advertising perspective, I have been trying to draft up a universal description of our server and it has been difficult because we don't know exactly what we are heading towards. A clear stated goal will help the server on every front.

As a Master Builder, we had to design the hub on a separate server because the building plugins we needed were not available on normal TF. And speaking as an Executive, I can confidently say that Wild plans to utilize multiple servers so each "area" can have a different set of plugins and worlds. Beyond that, a clear path forward would be very beneficial.

• So I think for me, your first line here really sorta summed it up for me

Total Freedom is a terrible creative server with lack of building tools

And I think it does highlight a rather interesting point from my perspective because I has never seen TF as a creative server until I took over as owner, I had always been attracted to TF because fo the all-op and more anarchy side of the server rather than the creative side. But I think your right, there is a large creative community, and the server as you say is not a great experience for those who are interested purely in the creative side of things.

Some of this has been covered directly / indirectly in my other thread here - https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/458-an-update-plans-for-2021

Lack Of Build Tools: This is an area I will admit I know very little about generally. If we can enable tools that bring a better experience to the general players on the server, and have it enabled for everyone, that's a win in my books. There is a balance to be had between enabling these tools, and working on other aspects for the server.

Grief Protection: Work is being done to resolve this. Part of the issue has been identified with people killing the server, and stopping blocks being logged. We've been able to prove that CoreProtect does log pretty much everything we care about, but when people kill the server it breaks things. We need to work out a good way to fix that because no matter what plugin we use that's a problem. I'll also say that we are looking at alternative plugins in the hopes we can find something that runs quicker at the scale we're talking (We've got around 50-60GB of CoreProtect block data stored in the dB at the moment) and that hopefully is able to write block changes to the dB at the same time as it is running rollbacks so this issue is minimised.

Limited WorldEdit Access: I appreciate the detail here (And may re-touch on this point) but ultimately my view is that we should be unlocking as much access is viable, without enabling those who want to destroy things with tools that can't be tracked back. I think there have been some other suggestions as well, but at least at the moment I'm aware that the dev team are looking at viability to disable gravity (Something we did have before but I think the community felt they'd rather have gravity over the blocks) and once that's in place, we can look to start enabling more of these commands and the extra WorldEdit functionality.

Crashing: We're currently working as a matter of priority to get to the bottom of why we're having instability on the servers, we know part of this is down to the quantity of plugins and some of them being less than ideal for running a server at scale with along with the massive map sizes. As part of the work we're doing with ATLAS there is infrastructure improvements being worked through at the moment which I'm hoping will help with some of this, but the developers have been tasked with investigating the crash reports we've been getting to see if it's issues with plugins that we can fix. It's being worked on as I say as a high priority action.

PlotWorld: The current intent for this I've covered off elsewhere, however unfortunately if we remove it entirely or shrink them, it's the same result. Everyone's builds would be lost. You can't (At least from what I've seen) re-size the plots without having to regenerate the world entirely, which would be less than ideal. My hope is once we've moved it to it's own server it'll be better known (As it'll have an easy way to be signposted to new players) and we can make other quality of life improvements such as increasing the render distance and other things like I mentioned on that thread.

Build Battles / Similar: Something I'm a firm supporter of, we have historically seemed to have a lack of engagement from the community in terms of interest, I'm hoping as we start to be able to run additional game modes and mini-games even potentially, we can have other ways to engage in the community and hopefully they'll have a better turn out in the future.

@Miwojedk#3956 they are not aware that they are supposed to save their builds as schematics whilst in flatlands/overworld (again, because it is not mentioned anywhere).

On this specific point, that's because (As I understand) they're not supposed to need to anymore... The entire point of not doing map resets and having CoreProtect and such was to stop players needing to save their stuff in schematics.

@Miwojedk#3956 but for the past three days World Edit has been blocked for me in the MBW. I’ve notified nearly all executives (incl. Wild) of this issue, and still nothing has happened.

It's been flagged with the development team, I'll chase it up and work out what's going on with this...

@Miwojedk#3956 (even for Master Builders)

I'm heavily against creating Master Builder as a weird inter-rank between Op's and admins. If it's usable by an Mb I'd like it to be issued to Op's as well unless there is a really good reason that can't be the case...

So I think that entire comment was made in jest after some of the recent issues and the rush that was required to get the hub up and running.

@Miwojedk#3956 The MBW has been griefed at least on three different occassions. A world that is given to Master Builders to have a permanent place to hold their builds. We did not even have a recent backup of the world. This is an utter tragedy in my eyes. Many hours lost because of poor server management.

I will say there are complexities in getting the server backed up, when you have a server that's growing as large as this is, the standard backups that I've got for example means the server freezes for quite a while during the backup process. That's less of a concern now we have 2 Freedom servers, but with the size of the worlds and all that, I will say there is some decent complexity involved and why it's not a clear cut thing all the time.

@Miwojedk#3956 (As I am writing this: I just went on the server to count the size of the plots in the Plotworld. But as I enter the command //count I am once again met with “You are not permitted to do that”. This is a joke. )

Was it on your plot? If not then that would be why I'm guessing.

@Miwojedk#3956 his is actually an increase since Seth managed the server as far as I am aware.

FWIW it's not, it's exactly the same world and config.

@Miwojedk#3956 shitty plots scattered about.

I am working on cleaning the plots up, it's a slow process and other big issues have come up and threads like this felt like they needed a reply more than me going through working on that.

@Miwojedk#3956 I have suggested this before: Make a grand spawn with MB plots located near the spawn in order to inspire and entice the average player to build.

That's one of the things I'm already looking into. I think Fionn currently own's the "Centre" plot which is empty, my intent is to steal that from him and that will become a large scale build project, it's just not something I've been able to prioritise or really get further than going "Wouldn't it be a good idea" in my head.

@Miwojedk#3956 Commands such as //count, //brush should be avaliable to the average player (certainly in the plotworld, and perhaps in an almost unlimited manner in other worlds).

Think they should already work most of the time?

@Miwojedk#3956 Fix the ludicrous time it takes to perform a single edit with World Edit.

I agree, I think I've said somewhere else (Maybe here maybe not) that I want to re-review that configuration and look to try and get that tuned slightly more effectively based on the hardware we run on.

@Miwojedk#3956 All banned blocks should be reviewed, every blocked command should be reviewed, every restriction should be discussed.

In slower time that's viable, I'd suggest if people have blocks they want reviewed in the shorter term then we can review those separately.

@Miwojedk#3956 Systems such as the schematic repository, wherein players can download their own schematic from the server and also upload an outside schematic to the server, however, once again this is too limited. The average player should be able to upload their own schematic to the server without an Admin’s help. If the schematic is crude, too big, or used to crash the server, then this should be handled – ingame – not by blocking the function entirely. (is the schematic repository even avaliable anymore?)

It's certainly something to look into, I want to re-jig schematics in general along with the HTTPD setup for the server. Upload needs some thinking out for various reasons (Virus's and stuff being one) but something I'm open to discussing as part of the overall HTTPD review.

Hopefully that covers off most of your points? I don't think I've missed anything but yell if I have.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK