Content Moderation

• I manage a server with this enabled, and I'm fairly certain it doesn't trigger for bot accounts or webhooks. I don't disagree with enabling this however, though most of the arguments I got against it always boiled down to the Scunthorpe problem, which I never really understood since most words that *would* get you banned or timed-out in the discord server are words you should never be using in the first place, such as the word that Pewdiepie said once.

ピバラ。

• @'wxtermelon' the main issue is 2 things, 1. False flags, our consideration of what might not be acceptable may be diffrent from discords and so theres bound to be some issues, and 2. with more pings means that the channel where they are getting pinged will likely just get muted and then we might as well just have what we were doing before

• Vouch for just enabling the feature. There’s no need to ping anyone about it. Especially with the raids going on, their notifications will just get blown up (assuming bot chats are even detected). Just simply not allow the chat to go through. This shouldn’t even be a debate. It’s quite concerning that this community has a difficult time with auto-moderating simple things such as racial slurs.

DragonSlayer2189 The idea of “false flags” being a reason we don’t even at least attempt it is ridiculous. Same thing with “it’s easy to bypass.” If you are saying things that trigger the auto-mod, then you probably just shouldn’t say them. The feature is clearly for “Insults & Slurs,” anything that may be deemed as hate speech. Don’t say any or something close to them and I doubt there will be any triggers.

If it becomes a serious issue to the point where it’s causing more issues than solving problems, then it can simply be disabled.

• Official Post

So I'm going to approve this because it is something I'm looking into, I did enable this fairly recently but had to disable it as the built-in filters are too aggressive and pick up a lot of words / terms that we are (somewhat) comfortable being used. The discord team will continue to explore the options for an effective auto mod config.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• wild1145 July 20, 2022 at 7:19 PM

Closed the thread.