Hello! It's me, Xfilez! (OGs should read)

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Heyo gang,

If you don't know me already, my name's xfilez, ex-Senior Admin, ex-ECD, and ex-Redstone Masterbuilder. I joined TF back in 2015 when FOP (FreedomOP) was on its last legs - it was a sort of fall back plan in-case FOP died off (which it did, lol). Eventually, I ended up staying around and lasted a while on the server. I ended up meeting many awesome people from all across the globe, and I guess you all got to meet an OG Aussie for once - apparently, there's not many around here 😆 .

So, a lot of people who know me very well know that my activity has been intermittent at best since the end of last year. I reinstated at one point last year, but that was purely for the access to build in the Adminworld (and a lot of people know that already - especially those who told me to reinstate), but sometime again this year something happened and I'm no longer an admin. I literally cannot remember, but I didn't leave on a sour note, that's for sure. My nose says it was probably inactivity, but that's a theory.

I've thought of making a thread like this for quite some time... a very very long time. But the time never felt appropriate, until now, that is. With the recent MB wipes, for the first time in my TF history, I am no longer tied to anything on the server. I am simply, a user - an OP. And thus, I think my time, like many before me, maybe drawing to a close. Hence, before I walk down the tunnel towards the light, where the likes of mark, foxytails, cactus, and more await, I'd like to say a couple of things.

One of my pride and joys of my time on this server was learning, teaching, and doing Redstone. I would say that a very large proportion of people on this server would have known me along with Robo as the top two Redstoners here on TF. As a result, I want to give you, the TF community, two things before I depart. Firstly, if you didn't already know about the Redgrounds, you should. The Redgrounds on both the old adminworld and new, were places where I worked on all my Redstone. They are places where amateur players could spend a lot of their time learning about everything I did or simply sitting in awe of it (which I know a lot of you already do). Hence, the coordinates are as follows: 3200 100 200 (or thereabouts) (Redgrounds 1) for the old adminworld, and -5000 50 5000 (Redgrounds 2) for the new adminworld.

Before I move on to my second Redstone gift, I would like to comment on something extraordinarily special in the first adminworld. Some know, however, most do not, but there is one build in the Redgrounds 1 with one hell of a secret. I am now revealing this publically for the first time in 5 years. If you find a quartz and emerald building with a staircase, go down it. You'll have to enter a 4 digit pin lock, but the code is written on the other side so just spectator mode it and you'll find it. This will open an iron door with a chest inside - the chest is a red herring. If you drop an item directly to your left once you enter (the left bottom corner), a secret door on the opposite side of the pin lock shall open. This will lead you to Wonderland. My the project that I have been working on in secrecy for the past 5 years. The tunnel is long, at least 300-400 blocks, and will take you to it. For those who do not know about Wonderland, it is an underground world over 1 million blocks big filled with a city, parks, government, and a natural wild. If you ever find your way there, send me a screenshot of you in it, it would make my day.

My second gift of Redstone is something to those who want to learn. What you're about to see is about 90% of my Redstone knowledge in note form. For context, it was many many months ago that I decided I wanted to create an actual Redstone class. Something that people could actually come away from and be able to pull off anything they could desire. And thus, I spent many nights and days brainstorming this. In these notes, you will see: 1) class difficulty levels, 2) fundamental concepts along with practical examples to practice with, 3) things that cover the 10%, i.e. I know it but I was never going to teach it.
    Here is my Redstone Teaching Curriculum: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Yi…dit?usp=sharing

Before I disappear into the abyss forever, there's still one thing I would like to do. The TF community has been a massive factor in my life for the past 5 years, and you have all helped me so much. As a first-year uni student, I managed to get elected into an executive committee for a computing society just because I said that I have had experience as an executive and as a senior admin here. (People literally voted for me over 2nd and 3rd years, that's fucked!). So, I must deliver my due thanks to a couple of people here. Firstly, my top 3 amigos, elmon, fionn, and Darth, you have all been top blokes on my time here on TF. From hovering around my Redstone like a bad smell to trying to collectively figure out what "The next time this conversation happens there'll be less uncertainty" - that conversation is happening now, gentleman. I have watched you all rank up from the bottom of the food chain, and I'm now immensely proud that you guys have hit the top with your executive positions. Keep up the good work.

Next up, I don't have anything special to say to you guys (I'm sorry okayyy) but thanks for making my TF time awesome: Tozzit, RedEastWood, Miwojedk, JagWire (where's my pizza man??), videogamesm12, DragonSlayer2189, simplynick, Telesphoreo, sergio24m, StevenNL2000, scripthead, zeseryu, RoboEx (actually, I say nothing special, but my fucking right-hand Redstone man let's go fucking love you bro), Lykhant, lyicx. If I've missed anyone, apologies in advance, and if you really hate me that much, you'd probably peer pressure me to add you to the list for history's sake lol. However, to those who are indifferent on the matter, I'd like to take this time to thank the larger TF community for everything you've done to keep the server up and running. And please don't forget about that one post of mine on proboards, if shit does hit the fan with the server, hit me up :).

Also just because I'm salty that my MB rank got removed, I'm going to overkill my reinstatement application by posting the most complex, fucked, amazing, wonderful, holy fucking moly Redstone creation I have ever made TO DATE. Behold... DANCE, DANCE, DANCE, RAVE PARTY MACHINE:
    https://prnt.sc/wb795h
    https://prnt.sc/wb79b5
    https://prnt.sc/wb7a0t
    https://prnt.sc/wb7a0t
    https://prnt.sc/wb7af0
    https://prnt.sc/wb7aoj
    (surely there's an MB Charter list?? 😛 Lykhant?)

I'm sure Darth will post the screenshot of me looking over my family for one of the last times.

Alrighty, that's your favourite Aussie everyone. Filez, signing off.
    Ciao!

A note for the veterans:
    Don't fuck filez, you'll get papery stds

P.S I'll still be lurking and posting now and again.

• he said my name 🥺

It's been good having you around man despite not actually talking too much. i wish you luck on your future endevours

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• So this is goodbye 😔

I'm gonna miss our times together on TF man I wish you luck with everything. Shame we never got to actually start the redstone course looks like u had put a lot of time and effort into it.. regardless, I'm sure we'll stay in touch even if you are leaving TotalFreedom. Goodbye homie 😭.

• Filez, my dude. You're the reason I'm not trash at redstone, and am a Master Builder. You're the executive I aspire to be. And most importantly, the reason I have been treated for papery STD's seven times.

Good luck, and hopefully you will grace us with your presence again one day. Until then, vive ut vivas.

• Good luck my friend. Im going to miss the incredible stuff you made. I remember once wandering into wonderland long ago, it was incredible every time I saw it. I wish that you told me what the purpose of that black concrete maze behind my house in Adminworld was about, but maybe that's a reason to visit once more. Feel free to keep in touch if you need to ask opinions of TF's second best redstoner, take care!