Why don’t people want new gamemodes

• Well first of all, I'm not a fan of the individual gamemode ideas in general.

We already had an SMP and it was so dead it got removed, so I doubt it'll do well a second time round save for a week or two of honeymoon.

Anarchy is just a bad idea to me considering this servers rule format. We can't offer true anarchy and I don't believe it works in a network environment where people can do something in one server but not in another.

And I mean in terms of adding more gamemodes in general, we have a separate plot server on the horizon which is going to split players between servers, and with our current player count I don't believe it's sustainable to split the playerbase among even more servers since each server will probably have 1-4 players at best.

There's a lot of people who seem to think that simply adding new servers and new gamemodes is the sticky plaster that'll save this place when realistically it is not.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• stop adding gamemodes and instead add features that allow you to do those gamemode similarly in the actual freedom server, we don't need to have gamemode servers which will either have nobody on or will make the main server dead

• imo the other day when essentials broke and a few days back when libsdisguises broke and permissions was messed up

it really did feel like old totalfreedom

block less things for ops. if they cause issues then deal with the root cause, unless it is absolutely necessary to block the permission.

• People don't like wanting to bring new gamemodes into TF because it's not going to work. As Erin said, people think it's going to revive/bring new players into the server, but that's not the case.
    They'll just be a bad idea from the start, it might have some new players join once the mode is added, but a few days later it will just die out and will be forgotten.
    That's just what I've seen.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

@'wxtermelon' block less things for ops. if they cause issues then deal with the root cause, unless it is absolutely necessary to block the permission.

I mean to be honest, that is what we are trying to do. LibsDisguises was blocked, but a patch is being put out to patch the root causes of the issue. There are also many approved tickets to re enable blocked features with the exploits latched out.

The problem with that is that we have a lack of people who are willing and able to deal with that root cause.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

•   square This actually is the absolute opposite of what we want to be doing. This pattern is what has made the Freedom server so hard to maintain, made development a nightmare and honestly just resulted in a crap experience for everyone.

For example the plot world, means there are extra limits outside of plot world on Freedom, and frankly in plot world isn't all that free either because it can't be due to being OP.

The point of new game-modes is to reduce the development and maintenance burden on the Freedom game-mode, and enable us to better facilitate the freedom game-mode as a whole.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @'Ryan' i don't exactly see how finding simple ways to introduce simple gamemodes can be that much of a detriment to maintaining the server
    readding something like region flags automatically makes a lot of things able to happen