_TheRedX Administrator Application

• Hello there!
    I am a pretty old member of this server, if I remember correctly, I joined around 2015-2016, but it might have been a bit later. The point is - I have been reconsidering this application for a while now, but I thought - you know what, you only live once, so why not.

I have been thinking that this application would be denied since I am not sure how I am accepted in the community, but I decided, why not give it a try.

Whoever reads this application and votes, no matter if it is a vouch, neutral or object, I accept feedback. If you vote for me in any way please state why so I can learn and maybe do better next time! Thank you in advance.

The following is a filled in administrator application template.

If you wish to be considered for admin status on the Total Freedom Server, please post a separate thread (NOT a reply) in this section with the subject 'Admin Application - your name', and answer all the following questions:
    I have done so, no worries about that.

Have you first read the pre-application checklist (Click Here) and do you meet all the requirements and agree to all the standards within that checklist? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied.
    Yes, I have.

What is your Minecraft name and time zone where you normally are online? (e.g. GMT+1:00 or MST). - Your Minecraft name must match your forum name or your Minecraft name must be in your forum profile.
    In-Game Name: _TheRedX
    Timezone: GMT+2 (Lithuania)

What date did you first join the Total Freedom forum? (MM/DD/YY). - Required 1 month forum registration.
    Joined Jun 28, 2021 (06/28/21)

Do you have a discord account? If yes, post your username#discriminator here. (Not required, but highly suggested).
    I do have a discord account: ♫ The Red ♫#7227

What describes you best? Choose student, employed, unemployed, or retired.
    I am a student.

Do have any skills such as artistic design, coding, computer security, etc? If Yes, provide detail.
    I am interested in logo design, mostly coding. I am quite skilled in web development department. I mostly work with the programming language *NodeJS, but I am currently working on learning C++ and I will try Java later, because it is useful for coding Minecraft plugins, which I do want to learn how to code properly in order to make custom plugins for my own, upcoming redstone-focused Minecraft server.

How often can you be on the server to perform administrative duties? State either daily, several times a week, once or twice a week, or less than once a week. We realize that school or work will prevent constant service.
    Several times a week, however, I am the kind of person who does sometimes shift around their schedule, so it is not the most consistent schedule, but it is around several times a week.

Names of admins that have recommended you? (Must pm admin(s) to confirm recommendation.)
    No recommendations (This is why I have been doubting this application, but I still give this a try because yolo)

Do you have a family member or friend that shares your Minecraft account or a Minecraft playing family member with their own Minecraft account who might use our server or forum? (Yes or No). If so, are they presently an admin on Total Freedom? (Yes or No).
    Nope.

What personal qualities do you have that would make you a good admin? (Answer with a short paragraph).
    I am pretty active on the server and I do often spot griefs and other sorts of abuses, I do not report them on the forum, however, I report them via the /report system. I want to help the server in terms of moderation. I would be happy to contribute to the good of this server. Of course, nowadays, the rulebreaker count is lower than what was previously, but still - sometimes some admins are not online. I have moderated some small servers before, however, this was a long time ago, and I have not gotten a chance so far, ever since.

What continent do you live on? (e.g. N. America, Europe, Asia, Australia/Oceania).
    Europe (the continent where privacy is supreme, which I quite like)

Can you handle being an admin without it negatively affecting your school grades, work, family, real life, etc? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied.
    yes, of course, why would I even apply if this was the case

Have you read and understood the note(s) below? (Yes or no).
    A complete 100% yes sir

Are your accounts secure? Meaning are your passwords strong, not easily brute-forced, and not used across multiple websites?
    Yep, my accounts are completely safe.

Note 1: If an admin asks you a direct question, you should reply. If an admin objects and give reasons that you believe are incorrect, you may reply to state why you believe the reasons are incorrect; do not rage or get dramatic - just state facts and do not reply more than once; no debates.

do not judge me for some of the answers being a little bit informal, i just felt like the application felt a little dead so i added a bit of emotion lol

anyways with that being said, bread

Edit: * - NodeJS technically isn't a programming language, rather a scripting language, written in JavaScript, as indicative of the .js extension.

_TheRedX What personal qualities do you have that would make you a good admin? (Answer with a short paragraph).
    I am pretty active on the server and I do often spot griefs and other sorts of abuses, I do not report them on the forum, however, I report them via the /report system. I want to help the server in terms of moderation. I would be happy to contribute to the good of this server. Of course, nowadays, the rulebreaker count is lower than what was previously, but still - sometimes some admins are not online. I have moderated some small servers before, however, this was a long time ago, and I have not gotten a chance so far, ever since.

Is there anything you'd like to add to this? As much as reporting things and activity are useful traits there's not much else that you've detailed in this, and administration is more than just spotting griefing and dealing with your average rulebreakers.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

•   erin Yeah, I have just noticed that.

So here's an addition:

I also really like just straight up helping people. It makes me happy. Sometimes I do some stupid things some other people wouldn't do just to make others happier. As a surprise, I just give gifts because gratitude. This is not just about gifts however, this is about just helping people in general. I help people around with builds, I help with figuring out some kind of redstone problems since I'm an MB after all, I just overall like helping people. I want to make people happy, not mad or annoyed.
    I'm a pretty technical minecraft player so I can help with commands, I can help with redstone builds and stuff like that.
    I just want to see people be happy.

• I vouch.

During the time that I’ve known _TheRedX, I have found them to be a trustworthy individual. The applicant currently holds the rank of Master Builder - something which itself has its own power. Additionally, the applicant has good knowledge in Redstone which is not something you see much of nowadays.

• Vouch.

Edit #1: I would like to bring to your attention this conversation, an argument between TheRedX and pixlqp in the Astra Discord. It’s worth noting that TheRed posted this Admin Application mere days after the above conversation, which suggests that there may be ulterior motives at play. I, however, hope that such is not the case.

• I don't think my entire vote should be riding on this, but I did identify an incident of concern back in September. While it was long enough ago that I don't feel it's a massive issue, it was still just a few months ago. This is the incident in particular.

• @'r00t' yeah, that conversation was just hellfire, it was a mess. However, I and pixlqp were already somewhat falling apart because he just has a really dominative personality, which, caused conflict and an eventual ban from Astra.
    I, personally, do not appreciate the way the guy handled this situation, but what happened, happened.

Thanks for your vote and for pointing this out!

• > @'r00t' Edit #1: I would like to bring to your attention this conversation, an argument between TheRedX and pixlqp in the Astra Discord. It’s worth noting that TheRed posted this Admin Application mere days after the above conversation, which suggests that there may be ulterior motives at play. I, however, hope that such is not the case.

I don't see any evidence for ulterior motives, but I do see enough aggression to have me object. There's no need to escalate situations in that way, and while something that happened in September could get my benefit of the doubt, something that happened 4 days ago cannot.

I appreciate your activity and enthusiasm for the server - I am just not a fan of the way you have spoken to, and about some players in recent months.

All being said, best of luck in this application and going further forward.

Retracted my objection but leaving the words up for transparency.