Admin Conduct Outside of TotalFreedom

• The purpose of this post is to highlight my current view and ultimately my expectations when it comes to the conduct of admins or the wider "Staff" Team.

I will prefix this thread with a note, I have no intentions on policing everything that goes on outside of the server, and what you do in your own time is your own business. The purpose of this thread is to highlight when it ceases to be only your business and when I or the other server staff will need to get involved.

As a general rule of thumb, I and the executive's will not get involved in anything you do on another platform unless a report is made against you to suggest you have been acting in a way which would be deemed inappropriate as a representative of this server and community, something you are by taking on a position of responsibility on this server.

I will also clarify, I am not expecting admins to uphold our full conduct policy off-server, however I do expect them to apply common sense, and remember that there are lines which really need not be crossed.

As a general rule of thumb, if you are sexist, racist, homophobic or anything else that would discriminate against someone else, that behaviour is going to end up getting back to the server, and you're going to look like an ass at best and indefinitely suspended at worse...

The judgement of if a report should be actioned and what sanction should be applied will be taken by the servers leadership team which will at a minimum include the owner and the executive admin officer, though will often contain additional individuals who are responsible for the running of the server.

I also appreciate this is a bit fluffy, but I ultimately wanted to remind those who are kindly giving their time to making the server a better place, your actions elsewhere can have serious repercussions to this server and the community as a whole, and if that happens, we will have to take actions to mitigate it.

I will also add, it is your responsibility to remember who you're chatting with and where that content can be read, if you're on public forums, expect people to stumble across it and if you use the same username / nickname as here for two and two to be put together, and likewise if you're in private DM's and such and someone screen grab's it and reports it, action can still be taken. Be mindful of what you say and how you portray yourself, and where you make such statements.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK