Terms regarding EAO changes to application / reinstatement reviews

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

Had this application reached the stage where I would have processed it, I would have discarded shdwo’s vote for the reason I have since stated on Anzu’s thread announcing her leave:

videogamesm12 Along with the fact he was directly involved in what led to [Anzu] resigning, I’m aware that he has been holding a grudge against [her] ever since he was banned from the Discord. The reason for why is pretty obvious knowing what kind of tendencies he has and what happened to him a few months back. This cumulatively led me to conclude he didn’t vote in good faith.

I argued the exact same point as the two people above me, yet my vote was discarded? My point was valid and I have reasons to object.

Am I now not allowed to vote without it being assumed that my vote was due to bias? I understand that this may be useful in some certain scenarios, but just because someone holds a grudge against another doesn't mean that their vote was in favour of that grudge. People are capable of disregarding a grudge in favour of a fair vote...

If I had vouched on their reinstatement, you wouldn't have looked further into it, that vouch could have been due to bias (they could've been my friend) and you'd be completely fine with that. However if I was to vote negatively, with bias - you'd assume that my votes were automatically "fishy" and are worthy of looking into... If anything, the grudge should be looked into more than the outcome. The fact that a user may have a grudge against another says more than the reasoning itself.

Despite an overwhelming vouch:object ratio, the votes made on a reinstatement/application shouldn't be disregarded purely because the user making the vote has past experiences with the user applying.

Take this scenario for example:
    (The first user is represented by A (the one applying), the second by B (the one objecting))

• user A spams user B's messages with racist remarks, then proceeds to delete them. user B has no evidence as the messages were deleted, yet they know it happened.
    • user B holds a grudge against user A as they now know that they broke the rules without a way of proving it
    • user A applies for admin and gets an overwhelming majority of vouches
    • user B objects for their own reasoning...

Why should user B's vote get disregarded because of the grudge held against user A.

Shdwo Take this scenario for example:
    (The first user is represented by A (the one applying), the second by B (the one objecting))

user A spams user B’s messages with racist remarks, then proceeds to delete them. user B has no evidence as the messages were deleted, yet they know it happened.
    user B holds a grudge against user A as they now know that they broke the rules without a way of proving it
    user A applies for admin and gets an overwhelming majority of vouches
    user B objects for their own reasoning…

Why should user B’s vote get disregarded because of the grudge held against user A.

Out of interest.. is this a hypothetical situation or something else..?

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• I'll write a proper reply tomorrow as it's late now but frankly your behaviour recently has been treading the fine line of being removed from the community, this thread is not helping...

The EAO holds ultimate authority on anything and everything related to admins and their applications. If they want to bin your vote because they weigh it as bullshit like in this case, that's their decision to make...

I'll write something properly up but the tldr is to get over it and stop acting like a child.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

erin Out of interest.. is this a hypothetical situation or something else..?

It's a hypothetical situation

@'Ryan' ’ll write something properly up but the tldr is to get over it and stop acting like a child.

I'm not acting like a child? I'm housing my own opinion on a newly enforced system.. I really don't see the big issue here. This thread was designed to discuss the system put in place, not try and tell you that your decision was wrong.

This has nothing to do with me and my behaviour, and this isn't me complaining. I simply used the example I had in front of me to try and discuss the system further. You telling me to stop acting like a child is a bit hypocritical imo

•   Shdwo There's nothing new about it... That was the point. You only seem to have taken issue because you've been called out on your bullshit.

As I said I'll probably address this tomorrow as I'm going to bed shortly.

I'll also say, given you seem to want to sit on here stirring the shit, if you don't like being called out for doing it then stop doing it... I've had more complaints about your behaviour recently than I have any other member since I took over, you do seriously need to sort it out and get it together, or find somewhere else to behave like this.

Wild1145

• Though I can agree with some of the points made by Shdwo, I have come to a conclusion that the only way to get rid of the problem is to require reasoning behing a vouch or object, and not just ratio, quality over quantity, if the vote counter read through it, they would get a better idea of who's biased and who's not based on the arguments made, the vouch:object system in itself is actually very biased and exploitable by many, because you cant tell a motive by a single word.

• I literally said to contact me privately if you had any complaints or concerns. Why didn't you listen to me?

videogamesm12 If you have any concerns about whether or not someone’s vote was made in good faith, whether or not I made a mistake when discarding a vote, or whether or not the idea of doing background checks is a good idea, feel free to contact me about it privately on Discord so that we can discuss it.

Shdwo Am I now not allowed to vote without it being assumed that my vote was due to bias?

Perhaps you should have read what you quoted more closely.

videogamesm12 Along with the fact he was directly involved in what led to [Anzu] resigning, I’m aware that he has been holding a grudge against [her] ever since he was banned from the Discord. The reason for why is pretty obvious knowing what kind of tendencies he has and what happened to him a few months back. This cumulatively led me to conclude he didn’t vote in good faith.

This is the part that matters, because I had already established an objective reason to discard your vote literally weeks before I made that post, which was that you were directly involved in what led to Anzu resigning in the first place. I had established this by investigating what caused Anzu to leave. I found evidence in the form of a message that you sent directly to Anzu after you reported her for a message she said months before. Here's the post in case you don't believe me.

Shdwo People are capable of disregarding a grudge in favour of a fair vote…

Your vote was entirely based on someone else's testimony about someone not changing, which you couldn't even confirm yourself due to your ban from the Discord and Minecraft servers. Even without the other factors including your involvement with the situation in the first place, your vote still wasn't very fair to begin with.

Shdwo If I had vouched on their reinstatement, you wouldn’t have looked further into it, that vouch could have been due to bias (they could’ve been my friend) and you’d be completely fine with that.

You indirectly highlighted a critical flaw in how I processed votes in the past and present, which is literally why I'm doing background checks now (which apply for both sides) to correct this issue, improve myself, and reduce bias in applications. I don't see how this is a problem.

Shdwo However if I was to vote negatively, with bias - you’d assume that my votes were automatically “fishy” and are worthy of looking into… If anything, the grudge should be looked into more than the outcome.

Except I did and found that the grudge in question is retarded because you were still in the wrong anyways and yet you tried to avoid any kind of accountability by shifting the blame onto someone else using messages from months earlier that you wouldn't have given two shits about if it wasn't for your ban from the Discord.

Shdwo Despite an overwhelming vouch:object ratio, the votes made on a reinstatement/application shouldn’t be disregarded purely because the user making the vote has past experiences with the user applying.

Your private message to Anzu was the straw that broke the camel's back and caused her to resign in the first place. That's a direct connection to the incident.

Shdwo user B holds a grudge against user A as they now know that they broke the rules without a way of proving it

Maybe User B should grow up and learn when to let things go to avoid fighting a losing battle.

This entire thread was unnecessary. If you wanted to discuss your concerns about how I handled your vote, you should have privately DMed me about it as I suggested in my original post. Instead, for whatever reason you opted to create an overdramatic thread about a problem that was entirely on you, making you look childish. I know I sound rude and I apologize but I'm genuinely frustrated with how you responded to this.

I'm not even saying that you shouldn't discuss this either. I am perfectly fine with people discussing it but if this thread truly was only about the new method of processing applications (which isn't even a big deal in the first place because it's basically the same method as before but background checks are done now as well), then most of the content would be about the new method, not how I handled your vote. Cut me a fucking break.

image.png

• To quote a famous Thomas Hobbes, only a sovereign can judge a conflict between 2 people, as your the vote counter who did the wrong vote in shdwo's opinion, it should not be your choice wether it was right or wrong, and should be left to a higher authority.

• Given the OP seems to think this is a joke, I'm treating this as mis-posting the thread and a 7 day forum ban has been issued as such.

Wild1145