Add Builder's Utilities and give OPs access to gmsp

• plugin link:

I think that we should add the plugin builder's utilities to the server for 2 main reasons

first, the plugin would be very useful for builders with commands such as //scale or //twist, which could be very useful to have and use when building, or commands like noclip which could be used when working on cramped spaces. On top of this, Builder's utilities also has a few shortcuts for worldedit, which while a small change, would help save time while building

second, adding this plugin would allow us to potentially give ops and mbs access to /gmsp without being able to bypass toggletp. this is because within builders utilities there is a permission node "builders.util.tpgm3" meaning that we could make sure that only admins have this permission node, and then ops and mbs could not have it, thus giving the benifits of having /gmsp, without causing issues of players being able to bypass tptoggle.

It is also important to note that the plugin is open source, so if we needed to make modifications, we easily could

• Spectator mode is not safe for OPs. It has been suggested multiple times before, so I've had to copy this list about 4 times now:
    Spectator mode...

• has a teleportation feature that overrides /tptoggle
    • allows you to set your flying speed high enough to lag the server without using mods or /speed
    • causes console spam if you use a teleport command while spectating someone
    • makes you invisible to admins who aren't in spectator mode themselves
    • allows you to see admins who are using spectator mode to watch OPs
    • puts you into a death loop if your flying is disabled
  • @elmon#2318 see

second, adding this plugin would allow us to potentially give ops and mbs access to /gmsp without being able to bypass toggletp. this is because within builders utilities there is a permission node "builders.util.tpgm3" meaning that we could make sure that only admins have this permission node, and then ops and mbs could not have it, thus giving the benifits of having /gmsp, without causing issues of players being able to bypass tptoggle.

• @StevenNL2000#2342
    1) see above
    2) theres actually a gamerule you can set so that spectators can't load chunks at all
    3) Thats odd, that shouldn't happen, but this cancels the packets for that when you don't have the right permission
    4) This is true, but i don't think its much of a problem
    5) another fair point
    6) just do /fly, you respawn at like y=50 i think

@DragonSlayer2189#2354 1) see above

Apologies, that one is from the previous times I copied the list.

@DragonSlayer2189#2354 2) theres actually a gamerule you can set so that spectators can't load chunks at all

You are correct, but then admins won't be able to load chunks in spectator mode either.

@DragonSlayer2189#2354 6) just do /fly, you respawn at like y=50 i think

That depends entirely on the spawnpoint. Back when I had a very slow computer, it could take multiple seconds for the game to become responsive again after pressing the respawn button. The issue is that you fall straight through the spawn into the void while that is happening.

• I've raised FS-68 to look into this in more detail. Subject to there being no technical snags in adding it, we'll look to get this setup as soon as is viable.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK