Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Okay so before I start, I don't mean to flame anyone here. I'm trying to look at why things have not been happening from the ECD side.

Dragon has repeatedly said that's he's too busy for TF whenever someone asks him about it.. so why does he remain in his role? For months we've been told that certain secret projects are going to come out, even though they never do. We've been promised things again and again with no result at all. I understand that the MBs may need a separate server for their projects, but a lot of the things that people have requested could easily be done on the Freedom server and even those have been ignored.

Right now, we have an active Executive running the roles of the ECD. This is the EMM. Red shouldn't be having to cover for the things that Dragon is meant to be doing, like getting a new hub built, getting the plotworld spawn set.

I'm sorry to have to touch on this but I don't think people have looked at why Dragon has hired an assistant. One of the reasons is that he is so busy that he can't do many things as ECD so he puts it on his assistant. This is wrong. The assistant should be working with the executive to make sure things happen. (There was evidence of Dragon saying that he's too busy to do ECD and he'll hire an assistant to do the roles but it is now gone due to the Discord deletion).

I'd like to end on this note: we've already seen what an inactive executive results in (Darth) and if something isn't done soon about it we're gonna end up having a dead ECD team once again.

• I am genuinely irritated by the lack of activity from the ECD team.

I'm trying to find positives but after my experience today I have none. I started by re-reading Miwo's thread on server improvements, and decided to rectify them one by one. I reached his statement on plotworld spawn, and how it should be well built and surrounded by MB builds. I had to do this in its entirety on my own, and no help was offered by the ECD. Keep in mind, this isn't even my job! The ECD is responsible for all spawns and TF builds, but to my knowledge there hasn't been a single new spawn made in a good while.

There wasn't even a list of MB builds documented, so a helpful volunteer had to stifle through all of the schematics to find the useable ones. Out of all of the MBs, do you want to know how many good quality schematics there are? 20. There are 20 MB schamtics available, 10 of which were made by Bowie. None of the schematics are recent either, the most recent being Bowie's Easter Egg map, which was over 5 months ago.

The Hub was tasked to have very minor updates in January. These have also not yet been done.

I want new spawns every week, I hate having re-use old shit that the OPs know is old. Having old and outdated spawns is absolutely terrible for player retention too. Looking at the current plotworld spawn, I can see why players don't leave. Its crowded, uninviting, and the color scheme is odd to say the least. As such, I tried to see if the MB team had any quality spawns to offer. They had a few, but I couldn't use any of them because they had already been used as the main spawn multiple times. This resulted in me having to source a spawn on my own.

You! (There was evidence of Dragon saying that he's too busy to do ECD and he'll hire an assistant to do the roles but it is now gone due to the Discord deletion)

I can attest to seeing this.

This post has been a long time coming, but I'm glad someone brought it up. I'm tired of the lack of ECD activity, and I'm fucking tired of recycling old spawns.

You! like getting a new hub built, getting the plotworld spawn set.

I hadn't even been informed that either of these things being something i needed to look into

You! One of the reasons is that he is so busy that he can't do many things as ECD so he puts it on his assistant.

this is actually not true, when i chose Undertails as my assistant the plan was that he could cover for me while i was going to be gone in the middle of nowhere with no connection to anything for 3 weeks, however Undertails then had something he needed to do and so we were both gone for a bit.

With my new AECD coco, I will still be spliting the work, having coco manage the art sutff, creating promotion images and whatnot, that way, I can focus on managing the more ingame aspects of things such as managing the Build Projects which we are planning, and also organizing MB server, and all that kind of stuff. Point being, I always will try and divide the work evenly amonst me and my assistant, I see my assistant as an equal, not as someone lesser.

You! I understand that the MBs may need a separate server for their projects, but a lot of the things that people have requested could easily be done on the Freedom server and even those have been ignored.

Once again, I haven't been informed of any other building things which need my attention. I'd be happy to try and help people out with their projects, but I need to actually know about them in order to do that. I put all of the things which i have been notified to do onto my trello, which as you can see, is looking kind of baren.

I think its also important to note that as of right now, a lot of the stuff I need to do as an ECD is being limited by the development of the server. as ryan said here, all development has now been shifted to making sure that 1.17 can be used on the server, which means that I really can't do all to much since I rely on stuff like the MB server in order to properly get my job done.

DragonSlayer2189 Once again, I haven't been informed of any other building things which need my attention

If this is true, I want new and quality spawns. I want good looking spawns, and new ones regularly so we don't need to keep recycling old ones.

DragonSlayer2189 which means that I really can't do all to much since I rely on stuff like the MB server in order to properly get my job done.

Make them on the FR01 server.

RedEastWood The ECD is responsible for all spawns and TF builds, but to my knowledge there hasn't been a single new spawn made in a good while.

Not neccisarily, spawns are all created by the playerbase, and then admins set whichever spawn they want to, I don't see much reason in cordinating a team of people to make a spawn which would only get used for a few days

RedEastWood I want new spawns every week, I hate having re-use old shit that the OPs know is old.

I know for a fact that people build tons of new spawns all the time, but if you wanted more spawns, you could've sent me a dm or something, I think the main issue here is lack of communication, as I wasn't informed that we even needed a spawn for plotworld at all, let alone that we needed spawns for the main server. if you would like, I can get to work on this as soon as possible

RedEastWood Make them on the FR01 server.

theoretically this could be done on FR01, however, and i am sure that a lot of the mbs agree with me here, the tools on FR01 are extremely limiting. No gravity blocks for proper terraforming, brush limits, slow WE speeds, no erode brush, automatic entity wiping, etc. all prevent the team from doing the best work that we can, and i don't want to push out something which isn't something of quality.

DragonSlayer2189 Once again, I haven't been informed of any other building things which need my attention. I'd be happy to try and help people out with their projects, but I need to actually know about them in order to do that. I put all of the things which i have been notified to do onto my trello, which as you can see, is looking kind of baren.

The amount of pings that were thrown out in admin chat to you which you even replied to as well contradicts what you've said here. You've claimed that it's not high priority and at the time, the priority was the Hub. Except now here we are with nothing happening in terms of builds from the ECD team.

DragonSlayer2189 With my new AECD coco, I will still be spliting the work, having coco manage the art sutff, creating promotion images

Isn't Red meant to be getting the promotional images done as he is the EMM of the server?

DragonSlayer2189 I think its also important to note that as of right now, a lot of the stuff I need to do as an ECD is being limited by the development of the server. as ryan said here, all development has now been shifted to making sure that 1.17 can be used on the server, which means that I really can't do all to much since I rely on stuff like the MB server in order to properly get my job done.

Do it on Freedom-01. The past MBs have done it, they've done it successfully with issues that they've managed to bypass. If they couldn't do what they needed to, I doubt there'd be an MB team remaining to this day

Edit: Let's not also forget that we most likely have a rogue MB on the team as well and nothing's been done to investigate into that by the ECD

You! The amount of pings that were thrown out in admin chat to you which you even replied to as well contradicts what you've said here. You've claimed that it's not high priority and at the time, the priority was the Hub. Except now here we are with nothing happening in terms of builds from the ECD team.

I dont remember saying any of that, do you have any screenshots or anything

You! Isn't Red meant to be getting the promotional images done as he is the EMM of the server?

yes, part of my whole job is assisting the EMM in creating the promotional images.

•   lyicx yes, i would rather not bring unneccisary drama into this by having this fully public. From what it seems a lot of this has just been a lack of communication, whether thats on my part or on someone elses doesn't matter. From here on if anybody needs something to be looked at or wants to call attention to a build thing which needs doing please shoot me a DM on discord, it can be hard to keep track of random pings i get on the main discord server, so if you dm me, i should be able to see it a bit easier and then can add it to the trello

You! we most likely have a rogue MB on the team

For clarification, it's not Darth as he's already removed from all roles and platforms. You're referring to another one, aren't you?

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

You! Let's not also forget that we most likely have a rogue MB on the team as well and nothing's been done to investigate into that by the ECD

Are you referring to the unsolved mbw grief?

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

•   erin yes this was what he was refering to, I thought he was talking about something else and was worried. From what i can tell i don't think that that mbworld grief was from any MB but theres no way to 100% know unless we restore purged co files which i am sure ryan doesn't want to do, as that takes more effort than its worth.

DragonSlayer2189 know unless we restore purged co files which i am sure ryan doesn't want to do, as that takes more effort than its worth.

I did start doing it, it just is very slow and time consuming, and given the next day nobody seemed to care I figured there were bigger fish to fry.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK