Ban Appeal - 6oob/c_rrupt

• Your discord tag. (Ex: elmon#6023)
    c_rrupt#2048

If known, who banned you? (this can be checked)
    I believe it was videogamesm12 on Creative 1 and Lyicx on Creative 2.

If known, do you know what time you were approximately banned?
    I would estimate my 1 day ban prior to indefinite ban was roughly 1 AM CT. I am unsure about my indefinite ban though. I believe all of this happened a few weeks ago.

Why do you think you were banned? (this can also be checked)
    I was banned because I had built a lag machine with intent to crash TotalFreedom Creative 1. I did the same in TotalFreedom Creative 2 using another design.

Explain why you think you should be unbanned, and promise to never do whatever you did again. If your reason remains unknown, you may skip this question.
    To be honest, I regret what I did. I originally came on that server only to crash it and did so because my friends had labeled the staff as unfair and cruel. Had I known that the staff did not fit this description in the slightest, there is no chance I would have done what I did. After my initial ban, I joined on my main account. My banned account's IGN is 6oob but I am using this account (c_rrupt) to appeal since it is my main account as I mentioned previously. Although I had joined again to crash, I decided to wait and I got to know a few people. I began chatting with many of the members and realized that the community is really chill. I was still unsure about the staff though. While I was in there, I decided to work on some redstone. I was working on a machine that essentially creates glitches and I wanted to experiment with it for duping. I was aware this could potentially cause lag, so I asked a mod and was given permission. The machine did indeed cause very slight lag but thankfully nowhere near my lag machine. videogamesm12 came and had a talk with me about it. After discussing for a moment, he let me stay because I had a mod's permission. He was very polite about it and I started to realize that I had entirely misjudged the server as a whole. I felt really guilty about what I had done and I decided to talk to him about it and apologize. I told him that I am 6oob and I explained why I did it. We came to an understanding, so before I got banned I decided to help him clear out some lag machines since I had seen some in my search to lag. During this time, I got to know a few people there and I really enjoyed talking to them. I realized then and understand now that this community and server is a really good place. I misjudged it, and I would like to apologize to all of you. Even if I don't get unbanned, I'm glad to get this off my chest.

• @'kanst' I really understand where you're coming from and you have every reason not to trust me and I don't blame you if you don't. I just had been thinking about this recently and wanted to get it off my chest and apologize to the community. Honestly I felt bad right after I realized how nice the community was/is. I know it may be soon and it's suspicious to have someone apologize like this, but I can promise you its genuine. I understand if you do not trust it though.

• Neutral, still leaning to a vouch.

For the appellant

• I can confirm that what he described in this appeal did indeed happen. He was very upfront with me about what his intentions were and why he wanted to do it, and I tend to be more lenient towards people if they're like this. Historically, this community has been much more easy-going towards people who are honest, so assuming he is, I don't see why we shouldn't be similarly easy-going here.

• He could have gotten off on the wrong foot. If I was shown a server and was told its staff were cruel and unfair (many have shared this vision of the staff team before), I would have done it myself, to be honest. If he now knows he was given an impression of the server (which very likely motivated him to lag the server in the first place) that isn't accurate, we should give him a chance to start over.

• I've been in similar shoes before. In July 2020 I got into some deep shit which caused me to go from a Senior Admin to another entry in the Indefban list. In my final statement before being banned, I expressed honesty and sincerity, similar to how this player has seemingly demonstrated. When I appealed 2 weeks later, the community was much more accepting to my return as a direct result of that final statement. I believe it would be hypocritical of me to object when these circumstances are similar.

• Prior to his indefinite ban, he helped with some administrative duties by showing a method laggers use to find spots to put their lag machines, which I didn't even think of. He offered to help look for them in pretty much every axis. We ended up finding some old lag machines in the process. I feel this could be their way of trying to right their wrongs.

Against the appellant

• His connections to DoctorZene are... interesting to say the least. If he could clarify his association with them, that would be lovely.

• 9 days isn't very long, admittedly. If c_rrupted waited an extra week or two, people would very likely feel that he has waited his punishment out enough and therefore be more forgiving towards him (in addition to the effort put into this appeal).

Conclusion

To conclude: if he is honest and sincere, I feel we should give him another chance. If not, then no chance should be given. I'm on the sidelines, really. However, I'm leaning to a vouch.

EDIT: Moved from vouch to neutral. Some fairly good points were raised below that has me raising an eyebrow.

image.png

• Despite the ban being recent and the fact that you showed association with "The Sense", I think this server is a place of second chances, especially taking into account your honesty.
    I vouch for an unban

• quite frankly i object

you were put up to this by doctorzene. spamming thesense and making a particular machine that lags aint something that just happens on a whim. by making it seem like you didn't realise the repurcussions of what you did, it makes me think you're not being as honest as you can be. back when i was in TheSense plans like this were done.

what convinced you to appeal after 9 days?

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• Object

I appreciate the effort of this appeal, however, it has been a pretty short time since your ban. I would wait some time before appealing again.

Additionally, joining a server and causing harm is not appropriate. A punishment should obviously be given out and I do not feel it has been long enough.

• Being told the server staff are cruel and harsh is not an excuse to come on and disrupt the community before coming on with the intentions of doing the same thing on an alt account. Granted, you ended up not following through and I think you and I had a decent conversation at one point or another.

And following on, you have been sincere and apologetic in this appeal and have conducted yourself well in this writing.

However I do not feel it is long enough - I would vouch for a delayed approval on the 21st August 2021 (30 days after the indefinite ban was added) but I object if that is not possible - though would like to see you back based on what I've read here

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

FromTimeToTime how does nobody care that they bypassed

Video explained to me earlier that the player logged in after their initial 24 hour ban expired. Therefore it was not ban bypassing. Players with active section 1 IBRs out for them are not banned on the server (excluding whatever 24 hour ban got the request written) unless they break further rules on the server.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.