helium95 admin application

• Have you first read the pre-application checklist (Click Here) and do you meet all the requirements and agree to all the standards within that checklist? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied.
    Yes. I have read the pre-application checklist.

What is your Minecraft name and time zone where you normally are online? (e.g. GMT+1:00 or MST). - Your Minecraft name must match your forum name or your Minecraft name must be in your forum profile.
    My username is helium95, and I am usually on at anytime between 12:00-9:00 EDT.

What date did you first join the Total Freedom forum? (MM/DD/YY). - Required 1 month forum registration.
    I can't remember exactly, but I've been registered on the forum for more than 5 months.

Do you have a discord account? If yes, post your username#discriminator here. (Not required, but highly suggested). Yes, my discord account is cloudbeam#3294.

What describes you best? Choose student, employed, unemployed, or retired.
    I am a high school student.

Do have any skills such as artistic design, coding, computer security, etc? If Yes, provide detail.
    I paint oil paintings and sell them in local art galleries around where I live. I also am fairly fluent in Java Script.
    I also make my own oil paints using natural ingredients and also sell my home made paints.

How often can you be on the server to perform administrative duties? State either daily, several times a week, once or twice a week, or less than once a week. We realize that school or work will prevent constant service. I can be on the server daily.

Names of admins that have recommended you? (Must pm admin(s) to confirm recommendation.) I have a thread that has been posted 5 minutes or so prior to me filling out my application, but if I do, I will add a sub thread confirming if I receive any admin recommendations. (Edit: I have a rec from kanst)

Do you have a family member or friend that shares your Minecraft account or a Minecraft playing family member with their own Minecraft account who might use our server or forum? (Yes or No). If so, are they presently an admin on Total Freedom? (Yes or No).
    I do not. My account helium95 is my own account shared by no one else.

What personal qualities do you have that would make you a good admin? (Answer with a short paragraph). I like to stand up for people who do not have a voice against injustice. I am on the debate team at my school and I have a certain set of practicalities that allow me to very politely question certain situations with out aggravating an opposite side. I know what its like to be harassed online and in person and I will use those personal experiences to not only maintain server peace, but to make our server thrive.

What continent do you live on? (e.g. N. America, Europe, Asia, Australia/Oceania).
    I am from New York in America.

Can you handle being an admin without it negatively affecting your school grades, work, family, real life, etc? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied.
    Yes, me being an admin will not negatively effect my personal life regarding school, jobs etc,

Have you read and understood the note(s) below? (Yes or no). Yes

Are your accounts secure? Meaning are your passwords strong, not easily brute-forced, and not used across multiple websites?
    Yes my passwords are strong and protected.

Note 1: If an admin asks you a direct question, you should reply. If an admin objects and give reasons that you believe are incorrect, you may reply to state why you believe the reasons are incorrect; do not rage or get dramatic - just state facts and do not reply more than once; no debates.

• Would appreciate some more evidence on both sides of this, especially due to the large volume of objections.

I've seen promising things from helium who has been pleasant and engaging in the community in the time I've been around. As it stands it is a vouch from me.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• I don't appreciate how this player still doesn't seem to understand why they were originally banned from the server by @"icksp"#111 and myself over one year ago due to being a troll and an overall nuisance when online. Of course, your bedside manner has improved, however the fact that you dispute the reason why you were banned in the first place shows that you have not learned from your mistakes and shouldn't become an administrator.

You also continued to play on the server using another account before posting your ban appeal, tried to lie about it, and then claimed that you weren't doing anything wrong (so why would you lie?) which aren't the qualities I would like to see in an administrator.

Discord screenshot #1
    Discord screenshot #2
    Discord screenshot #3

I'd like to see you change. When I joined the server just recently, you reminded me of all this by mentioning your old username ("cloudbeam") for no apparent reason other than to dredge up bad memories of yourself and then went on to claim that we had a "special relationship" with one another.

I was completely unaware that they made a ban appeal, so that thread kind of went under my nose without a long-ass reply on my behalf, so here's a little more context as to the history of this player.

Right now, I'm going to object... but I haven't really been on the server often enough to see what they've done to help other players (if anything) that might warrant super admin. Maybe somebody can prove me wrong.

•   fssp I understand this, and such bypassing was recognized in my appeal. I morally and philosophically can't agree with you, I was banned after speaking out against you, and such was painted that I was somehow a troll for speaking out against you and icksp for coving my attempts to spread inclusivity of the lgbtq+ community. Im sorry if you can't see that your actions of censoring my attempts at trying to make the server more inclusive were in fact intentional and malicious. I do agree I was more irritable back then, and I was slightly more provocative, however I don't think you can blame me after you made many attempts to limit my speech and builds. I stand by my claim that did not lie on my appeal. I confessed to bypassing and I was then pardoned for it. I appreciate the feedback, but I will not standby and be accused of lying about the reason I was banned.

• @'Reperak' Reperak, I do agree that I haven't recently been as active as I could be and but please know Im trying to get there. You are completely right and maybe could give me some guidance on what you would like to see happen on my end to bring you and anyone else to a further point of satisfaction regarding my ability to function as an admin or staff member. Also anyone else please feel free to answer this Im running out of ideas and would really love some pointers or feedback <3

• object, you sound pretentious (see below quotes) and overly defensive. and tbh despite seeing you on often, i rarely see you interacting with other players, though this has changed since you posted the application.

heliumpluto feel free to answer this Im running out of ideas and would really love some pointers or feedback

heliumpluto I morally and philosophically can't agree with you

heliumpluto I do agree I was more irritable back then, and I was slightly more provocative

•   jwmphall im sorry you viewed what I said as pretentious, can you give me some pointers on how I could satisfy you because I genuinely wasn't trying to be. Please don't think this is sarcasm I want to know how I can best assist you in these situations. More validation? More of the other side? Im kinda shooting in the dark here also anyone else can comment I want to avoid this. When I said "feel free to answer this Im running out of ideas and would really love some pointers or feedback" I was being 100% straight I literally would love if you could tell me what you want me to do

•   heliumpluto Whether or not you can "morally and philosophically" agree with administrators on this server has never played into why you have been banned numerous times in the past by several admins, myself included. If you are claiming that multiple admins singled you out because you like gay people even though many admins here are also open about being gay then you are making a bold claim which is not only ridiculous but accuses several former staff on this server without a shred of evidence to prove it. It doesn't help that you have a record of breaking the rules and telling your own version of the truth in order to avoid the consequences of your actions, as you have lied to staff in the past.