Discord suggestion server

• In light of the current shitshow in the Skyblock server, I suggest a moderated suggestions channel in which people can provide suggestions and bug reports faster and with less aftermath than what would happen in the forum.

• Object. Other suggestions will be basically unseen with discussion overshadowing it. Forums are the best way to have separate discussions per suggestion

• I said something about this in the discord earlier on. I fully agree with this idea and think it would be way more beneficial than having the risk of potential arguments ruin the presence of a thread (like the skyblock one).

I proposed the idea of a bot (whether this be pre-made or incorporated into either Kero or the TF bot) that would take in peoples suggestions through a command and post them to a public suggestions channel. There would be a vote on the suggestions for either "yes" or "no".

Here's an example we used to have on URF, it worked flawlessly and was great for sorting through suggestions.

An additional singular channel could be made for extended discussions on all suggestions however it would be moderated to ensure that no off-topic posts are sent.

This works the same for bug reports too:

Not only is this quicker than filling out a thread on the forums, but the format of the suggestion / bug report is already set for you, and would be activated with a command such as .suggest

An example of the channel layout would be as follows:

In this example, only two discord channels are used for the suggestions

•   Miasmus Which will make an influx of Discord channels?

I’m sorry. Last thing I want to do is create hostility. But I don’t like hiding any channels in any discord server as one I like checking all of them and two I like to see what is important.

Would agree with shdwo’s suggestion but it creates difficulty for discussion

I still object. Community may want it though. I’m not the voice of the server

Shdwo In this example, only two discord channels are used for the suggestions

It’s just so difficult to keep up with each suggestion in a general discussion channel where each discussion gets talked about. And when you have an individual discussion channel for each suggestion it just gets messy

•   Ivan I see your reasoning here.

The only fixes I see for the discussion channel are:

1. To have no discussion at all
    2. To create a reaction role (similar to the "verified" role) which upon gaining, would allow you to view a suggestion category
    3. To create a main suggestion channel, as stated before, and trust everyone to respect the flow of conversation
  • Object. The information flow in Discord is not suitable for this kind of thing: things will either be buried, appear extremely spammy, or be a jumbled mess. I would also argue that well-thought-out comments are much more important than raw votes, but this goes in the opposite direction.

• Object, I don't see what having a discord suggestions channel would bring that the current forums doesn't. As Steven said, discord, being such a casual platform, is not suited to support handling suggestions in a straightforward and orderly manner.

• Denied, the forums ultimately is the better platform for such discussion. It is too easily lost in Discord.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK