InnocentMango - Reinstatement

• Your Minecraft name:
    InnocentMango

Are you using the same forum & Minecraft account that you used when you were a staff member in the past? (Yes or No). If no, state all former account names and be prepared to verify that you're not an imposter.
    Yes

What rank were you (Admin, Senior Admin) and the approx dates you were a staff member: (e.g. super admin from Jun 2010 - Jan 2013)
    Admin up until Sunday, July 4th 2021

Why were you removed from your staff position? (Answer one below and exclude the rest)

f. I rage-quit or left in a dramatic manner (Yes or no). If yes, explain the circumstances and how you plan to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Yes

On July 4th, I made a silly mistake. I thought I was smart and ran /plc reload Essentials when Video said Essentials was spamming errors into console. In the past, we've used plc to reload plugins and it's worked. However, during my time as admin, we never ran it on Essentials. After I ran the command, Essentials stopped functioning and the player experience was severely damaged; pretty much everything from nicknames to spawning mobs was broken. The server restarted, and everything was good.

The mistake wasn't what made me rage quit. It's the events that happened after. After the mistake happened, certain people of high rank proceeded to make fun of me. They mocked me, posted my mistake everywhere, almost as if they were attempting to expose me. This wasn't the first time I had received this behaviour. This was a repeated behaviour of theirs towards me - and I wasn't the only one who noticed it. I was messaging Senior Admin Luke as the harassment was happening because it was leading my mind to go all over the place. I spoke with him and proceeded to leave the discord server as I was feeling overwhelmed.

Since the mistake, I have had help from people to deal with the events that happened after and I have spoke with those that made fun of me in the Discord. They have apologised. I have also apologised to Senior Admin Video for my actions as I caused him to stress at the time. As for any scenarios where I may feel overwhelmed in the future, I will use calming methods and stay away from in-game for a short while until I am ready to go back on and administrate.

If you were removed just for long term inactivity or you resigned (yes to 4a or 4c above and no to 4b, d, e, and f), please skip to Q 6 otherwise you must answer this question: What current activities have you performed to merit reinstatement?

a. Filed griefer reports on the forum

Not on the forum, but I have reported grief to admins.

If you are reinstated, how often will you be able to do staff duties?

Weekly, but I will try daily.

Have you reviewed the server rules and banning protocols to ensure you're up to speed on any changes that might have occurred since your return from inactivity?

Yes.

Do you have a family member that's been on the perm ban list within the past 60 days? If yes, your request will be denied.

No.

• Vouch - your hearts always been in the right place since I've known you and you've always acted to what you believe to be the right thing.

Welcome back too.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Object, you have developed a very bad habit to just leave the discord whenever something bad happens instead of facing it straight forward.

This has happened countless times before, I don't think you should be an admin until you knock off that habit.

• Object, although this wasn't the worst mistake to have been made.. it's starting to become a very frequent thing. This normally follows with a resignation, meltdown or "rage quit" of sorts.

simplynick I don't think you should be an admin until you knock off that habit.

I'd recommend this ^

simplynick This has happened countless times before,

@'anzu' this is a reoccuring thing,

Shdwo it's starting to become a very frequent thing.

(As an admin) he left 4 times 4 months ago.. and those times he left for entirely different reasons.. what do you guys mean by 'recurring issue' or 'very frequently' when it's literally been once in 4 months

If someone could embed it'd be appreciated

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

simplynick Object, you have developed a very bad habit to just leave the discord whenever something bad happens instead of facing it straight forward.

Every single mistake I have done during my time as admin, I have faced straight forward. Even the one where I reloaded Essentials.

I have faced things like mocking and such straightforward. Even when you attempted to permban me, I stood my ground and didn't just quit. I've dealt with it like this for a long time.

I understand that I may have trouble facing tough situations, but I've held out this long against it. The treatment I received on July 4th was the breaking point.

You! Even the one where I reloaded Essentials.

For what it’s worth you didn’t seem remorseful about reloading essentials. You even told Video to “calm down” after you reloaded essentials. You then proceeded to say that Video didn’t tell you not to do it, even though you never told him what you were doing and only said “let me do it for you”. To me at least, this shows a lack of remorse after the fact. I am going to remain neutral for the time being, but it’s important to put forth the good and bad.

[url=https://ibb.co/8xrgNbj][/url]

[url=https://ibb.co/hgGG29f][/url]

•   RedEastWood I agree with your post here and I can agree that after this event happened, I did not feel remorseful. However, it has been 2 weeks since the incident happened. I have since then apologised to Video for my actions and the way I treated him. As I have also stated in my thread, it was a stupid thing to do.

You! Every single mistake I have done during my time as admin, I have faced straight forward. Even the one where I reloaded Essentials.

That's a complete lie, you haven't faced every mistake you made straight forward, you rage quitted, had meltdowns, resigned, left the discord multiple for different reasons.

You! I have faced things like mocking and such straightforward. Even when you attempted to permban me, I stood my ground and didn't just quit. I've dealt with it like this for a long time.

Refer to the first reply.

You! I understand that I may have trouble facing tough situations, but I've held out this long against it. The treatment I received on July 4th was the breaking point.

In my eyes, you don't fit as an administrator for once again, when dealing with situations you're presented to, you performed very badly each time; The Treatment you received was just, you haven't had went ahead and reloaded Essentials, it wasn't your job and Video didn't tell you to do it, its just common sense, you don't reload plugins that are "essential" to the server.

simplynick That's a complete lie, you haven't faced every mistake you made straight forward, you rage quitted, had meltdowns, resigned, left the discord multiple for different reasons.

Okay. Let's say I actually did have those meltdowns that you claim. Even if I have had them, I've had quite a good improvement in maturity over the past few months. I've had an improvement in behaviour. My success as an admin outweighs the few failures I've had. I'm not perfect; I am a human, but I am improving.

In my eyes, you don't fit as an administrator for once again, when dealing with situations you're presented to, you performed very badly each time; The Treatment you received was just, you haven't had went ahead and reloaded Essentials, it wasn't your job and Video didn't tell you to do it, its just common sense, you don't reload plugins that are "essential" to the server.

Please elaborate on 'situations' - situation can mean a lot of things here. I've dealt with many rulebreakers, I am trusted amongst players and admins alike. Mistakes have happened and I have accepted them and moved on. If I never did accept them, then this would be maybe by 5th or 6th reinstatement.

I made a mistake, I accept it, I've apologised for it. This is what I do every time, except this time things were worse. From this mistake, I've learnt that I shouldn't try to help in places where I think I should - this is something I know for the future now.

• I will not cast a vote for now in terms of having Ashaz come back to the ranks (I need to sleep properly first), but I would like to argue that leaving the Discord server should not be a reason for someone to be removed, especially given the circumstances of this case.

First, I'd like to give my thoughts about the situation.

About Ashaz reloading Essentials

It is true that Ashaz reloaded Essentials and broke the plugin in the process. However, I believe that Ashaz's mistake was a result of him not realizing how sensitive the plugin is to reloads with the /plc command. He assumed (because most plugins are usually not very sensitive to it) that reloading the plugin would fix the issue on hand. If he had known the plugin was sensitive to that kind of stuff, he probably wouldn't have reloaded it.

In addition, I didn't tell him to not do it. I was jokingly reciting the generic message you got when attempting to run a blocked command. However, I got frustrated when I noticed he reloaded the plugin because I know the plugin is sensitive to reloads in that manner. As I said before, he did not know this. At the time, there wasn't (and still isn't) much information about what plugins should not be reloaded and why. This means that anyone could've made the same mistake Ashaz made simply because they didn't know.

Additional Notes

Shdwo This normally follows with a resignation, meltdown or "rage quit" of sorts.

• Ashaz did not create a resignation thread.

• As someone who used to face much ridicule from staff members with a higher rank than me, I don't think you really understand the pressure that comes from effectively being the punching bag of higher-ranked staff members. It really eats away at your self-confidence. I nearly did the same thing last year.

• Ashaz silently left the Discord. There was no rage involved.

image.png

• For clarity, I instigated the removal of Ashaz in response to him leaving the discord server, ultimately as punishment for the number of times it had happened previously, and while being in the discord is not strictly a mandatory requirement to hold active administrator status on the server, it's something I feel very important (And likely will make a mandatory requirement in the future anyway, but that's nothing to do with this). So for those who are using those historic leaving as a example of "Rage Quiting" (When as Video says, there was no rage, it was a silent leave...), as far as I and the EAO team are concerned that "Sanction" has already been issued in his removal from admin status and requirement to re-instate.

I would encourage people to use common sense here, and remember that leaving the discord is not grounds for removal normally, and I will put my hands up and say there's a good chance he wouldn't have been removed if I wasn't made aware of it by other individuals on the server at the time.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK