Get rid of this shit

• There are these maps with a HUGE amount of markers placed on them that lag the fuck out of anyone when placed down. Billy7oblos used it today to lag a bunch of people out.

Any ideas on how to block without removing maps as a whole?

•   lyicx The base map used to create the exploit doesn't, since if any item were storing that much NBT it would go past the hard cap the game has and you would crash. There's another exploit that duplicates every map marker on the map, so these maps with hundreds of thousands of markers are probably a result of that.

• to clear some misconceptions:

1. one map causes a very small amount of lag
    2. if they are in the users inventory they only lag the user
    3. there is no exploit that "duplicates every map marker on the map"
    4. most of the lag is from something else i did unrelated to markers

basically what im saying is don't block the map, markers are rlly cool and anything stuffed with nbt can cause framerate lag

• and

RedEastWood Billy7oblos used it today to lag a bunch of people out.

this ^ is a fat lie
    you also smited me 5 times the first time you ever saw the map

@'billy7oblos' this ^ is a fat lie

Tizz tempbanned you for it (presumably after other sanctions), I warned you twice for doing it and you kept on placing them.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

•   erin the last time i placed was to show some kid, and instantly got smited FIVE TIMES by red.
    also worth noting that it was HIS FIRST TIME SEEING THE MAP
    (then i got banned out of nowhere like 10 min later)

@'billy7oblos' also worth noting that it was HIS FIRST TIME SEEING THE MAP

Admins have access to view server events through other admin interactions via the discord. I was well aware of the maps using this tool, and subsequently joined the server to investigate for myself. I was aware of your conduct, so I sanctioned you accordingly. Since you were so eager to ignore admin warnings and treat them nonchalantly, I thought it appropriate to respond in a manner you would perhaps understand a little better.

Your view that an admin's knowledge on an event only begins when they join the server is flawed, we are all constantly in communication and you should always assume that every admin is aware of your previous sanctions and conduct during that day.

I'd also like to warn you for attempting to hijack this thread- you will have your chance to defend yourself shortly. For now, this thread is for the discussion of the map exploit.

•   RedEastWood so other admins told you about their experiences, and you absorbed their experiences like a fucking sponge, and when i placed a map to show a kid you got so mad (on behalf of the admin team ofc) you smited me 5 times with the msgs:
    IM
    SO
    TIRED
    OF
    THE MAPS

• Suggestion aside if this wasn't laggy af and exploitable it could be used for some neat looking miniature city models.

I just hope we dont ban maps as a whole because of this shit. As far as I can tell from the video Panther linked it's a rendering and NBT based exploit, so if either problem gets fixed we can avoid this exploit (and hopefully Mojang also fixes it since these maps coming to TF is proof they can affect any server where a user can access saved hotbars).

According to quantum mechanics, unless something is observed, there is an equal chance of it both being and not being there. Hence it is said to be in superposition, until observed. However we are somehow fully certain, despite never having directly observed, that you indeed have no bitches. Your bitchlessness has broken the rules quantum mechanics had established. Indeed an impressive feat.