Giraffemike223/fndndjdsnsn Event Host Application

• What is your Minecraft IGN? Giraffemike223
    What is your discord name and discriminator IFardedHarded#1553
    What date did you register on the forums? (minimum 15 days required) April 19th, 2021.
    What is your timezone? EST (BST -5)
    Will you be willing to assist the ECM in the hosting of events and how frequently
    Yes, I will be willing to help the ECM, and everyday.
    If you own a steam account, please put the profile URL here https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198984127224/

If you answered the above question, do you also own Garry’s mod.
    No, I do not own Garry's mod.

Do you have any experience hosting events? Yes, I've hosted a few unofficial events before.
    Why do you want to be an Event Host? I enjoy being around with our community and I have lots of great ideas in ways I can help with events and many ideas for good events

• I object.

Hosting events is extremely stressful. Things never turn out as you want, and there are always problems.

There is a lot more nuance to this role than has been let on - this is primarily a problem solving and a leadership role. You are expected to host a successful event of around 10-15 players. You will be representing TotalFreedom and it’s staff members, you will be representing Lyicx and his ECM team, and perhaps most importantly, you will be representing Ryan and a failed event is very damaging to his, and our reputation.

You will be expected to prep events, prep key people in your event, test run your event, and solve a huge amount of problems when your event actually begins.

Looking at your interactions with players and staff members, I am not convinced that you hold the problem solving and leadership skills required for this role.

The Event Host is a very hard role to fulfil, and it is extremely stressful. People I can trust have had unsuccessful events, and such is the nature of your job as an event host.

For all future applicants, please keep what I’ve said in mind.

RedEastWood For all future applicants, please keep what I’ve said in mind.

this was something i wanted to address at some point. there isn't really a bar on what would qualify as a potential good event host to people and as such i feel people vouch because person = good. really i want people to vote on how much time they'd dedicate to the server, planning and leadership skills and basic technical knowledge at the very least come events server. bonus points if they can build their own shit

now with the first objection ever i gotta figure out if i should just go majority verdict wins or approval rate (or fuck community opinion and have my own verdict to what has been said) and i've always had in mind i'd go for majority vote wins but i feel people might disagree and want some approval rating

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• After some consideration I'll vouch. The reason being is that, I think with a bit of training, you could do well as an event host. What I recommend is, should you become an event host, you supervise at a few events and learn different roles. Then combine them and help an event host plan an event.

• while mixed responses here and a very detailed objection, im going to go ahead and stick with a most win basis. (not counting neutrals) i kinda cant figure out what would be a good approval rate and i just feel this is less hassle. (and desperate times call for very desperate measures) might not be the most pragmatic decision i've made but it fucking works for me.

if theres any concerns about this event host, it should be reported to the correct people (i.e myself or @"Shyrix"#338) per rule 4 of the event host policy

welcome to the team @" Girraffemikke223"#191, i will be in contact about this real soon. (im calling you bobpop officially btw, since you've got so many names i cant fit it into a quirky analogy)

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey