Windows 95 built in Minecraft

•   lyicx I successfully installed Win95 in VirtualBox too.
    After downloading and installing MS-DOS because my CD wasn't bootable.
    After downloading and installing a CDROM driver in MS-DOS.
    After looking for a valid product key.
    After downloading and installing a patch or my installation would fail to boot with hw virtualisation because of too fast CPU.
    After downloading and installing a cracked video driver or I'd be stuck on laggy 640x480.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

Tizz After downloading and installing MS-DOS because my CD wasn't bootable.

you cant boot directly into the CD with 9x Operating systems. you'd have to boot into DOS like you did or the windows 95 boot floppy which came with windows back in the day

Tizz After downloading and installing a CDROM driver in MS-DOS.

i never had to do that on a fresh install of 95 in a vm, but noticed i did when i was doing an upgrade fest with @"TylerTT"#131. CDROM drivers come with the above floppy

Tizz After looking for a valid product key.

fuckin type a bunch of 1's actually that might not work on later copies of 95. fair point

Tizz After downloading and installing a patch or my installation would fail to boot with hw virtualisation because of too fast CPU.

yeah this is unfortunately true, CPU's over 2.1GHz will fuck with protection shit and you'd need a manual patch for it. not that hard fortunately

Tizz After downloading and installing a cracked video driver or I'd be stuck on laggy 640x480.

cracked video driver?? VMWare i just had to get VMWare tools installed and manually install the video drivers from the right folder. why the hell did you have to get a dodgy video driver? i mean i dont touch virtual box with a fuckin curtain pole anymore but surely there had to be some video drivers in its guest additions even if you had to do it manually

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

lyicx there had to be some video drivers in its guest additions

Nope, VB devs don't support OSes after their EOL. When I started using it the oldest supported version of Windows was XP.

lyicx why the hell did you have to get a dodgy video driver

I've just remembered it wasn't actually cracked, the download included a license key.

Windows My first pc ever was a Sanyo office computer gifted by a friend of my father. I remember having Intel 386, MS-DOS 6.21 and Windows 3.1.
    Some years later my family bought a modern pc with XP. Quite a jump in technological advance in my home.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager