Developer Applications Opened

• The TotalFreedom server is currently once again on the look out to recruit some new developers in to our team. Over the past 10 years we've had a range of developers all contributing to where the server has been able to get to today, and if you're interested in getting involved with our development, we would absolutely love to hear from you!

Unlike previous rounds, we'll appoint as many developers as we have suitable candidates, there is a lot of work that has gone into our plugin development, and as the server grows I expect the amount of custom development we want to undertake will likely increase as well.

I'm keen to hear from people with a mixed background, and if there are people who perhaps don't have as much experience as they think they might need, please still by all means put your name forward, if it's practical I'm keen to encourage the development and learning process so any experience and interest will always be considered!

To apply just reply to this thread with the following information.

1 - Your Minecraft Username:
    2 - Your Discord Username & ID:
    3 - Your previous experience, please do provide links if it's open-source, or if not talk us through it:
    4 - A short bit about why you want to become a developer for TF.

And that's it. I'm not going to set a hard and fast deadline because I certainly appreciate everyone is busy but we'll look to start appointing those who are seriously interested and have demonstrated they have the experience and expertise as we go along!

The best of luck everyone.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• 1 - Your Minecraft Username:

elmon_

2 - Your Discord Username & ID (Isn't a requirement but if you've got it it'd be useful to know):

elmon#6023

3 - Your previous experience, please do provide links if it's open-source, or if not talk us through it:

These are my two current projects
    https://github.com/Elmon11/KeroBot
    https://github.com/Elmon11/TotalFreedomBot

Both coded in python
    They're both on the TF discord and can be tested with if anyone is interested.

Ever since the old server files got deleted and, along with it, the discord bot, I have been working on re-creating it and improving what it was as much as I can. I have since received the old discord bot code which enabled me to incorporate some of the old features but I can confidently say that the vast majority of the bot is my code. When the server was on a temporary host I set up the bot to work from telnet as a temporary measure in order to enable admins to continually be able to use the bot from discord. I have been working with Wild in order to enable the bot to start/stop/kill the server to prevent downtime, which we eventually got working. I want to continue developing for TotalFreedom in terms of discord integration for the foreseeable future.

• @elmon#1542 Approved, The work you've already done with regards to the bot's have been greatly appreciated and greatly valued.

Wild1145

• @speed#1557 Approved, Would be great to have you on the team as we start progressing, and can see you were involved in a lot of the old SMP stuff and are actively maintaining TFGuilds :)

Wild1145

• 1 - Your Minecraft Username: SupItsDillon

2 - Your Discord Username & ID (Isn't a requirement but if you've got it it'd be useful to know): dillon#2145

I have some basic knowledge in Java, mainly from 5 years ago and plugin development (https://github.com/SupItsDillon has a couple of basic projects) and have a general idea navigating around the TFM plugin. I'm willing to start learning Java again for if it is required of me.
    I have a very sound knowledge in Python also, having used it almost weekly for various reasons for the past 3 or so years, with my first experience using it almost 6 years ago.
    I would also say that I have good knowledge in networking & security also, with my University course revolving around this fact.
    Additionally, I know how to use mySQL databases and quite a bit surrounding HTML, however I do not know how useful these are in terms of the position.

If you want to see examples, please message me on discord and I will be happy to show you.

I would like to become a developer to both be able to implement my skills and also learn/re-learn other ones. I've been apart of the community for about 7 and a half years now, and it would be great to be able to develop for it, in order to give something back and improve the server.

• 1 - Your Minecraft Username: Paldiu
    2 - Your Discord Username & ID: @Consumer#0001
    My portfolio: https://github.com/paldiu
    Some current projects:

4 - A short bit about why you want to become a developer for TF:
    I have had numerous attempts at trying to join as a developer, yet never found an opening due to one thing or another. With my recent return to the server, and my expansive experience with plugin development, and my previous tenure as evidence, I feel that I would be an excellent addition to the team, and I can bring new ideas and push out fixes and updates like a workhorse.

• I guess I'll throw my hat into the ring

1 - Your Minecraft Username:
    DragonSlayer2189
    2 - Your Discord Username & ID (Isn't a requirement but if you've got it it'd be useful to know):
    DragonSlayer2189#3873
    https://github.com/DragonSlayer21…ormance-Checker
    This is a proformance monitoring and logging tool which, One thing that is important to note is the use of database based storage of things, showing that I do infact, know how to do stuff with databases, and know sqlite very well, however, I do not know how well knowledge of sqlite transfers over to working with MySQL

https://github.com/DragonSlayer2189/DevApplicationStuff
    This are a few other bits of code, all in python that do various things, some of them are unfinished

1) forumliker.py is a file that someone on the server requested for me to make, and was supposed to be a bot that would just like all of your own threads, I ended up not finishing it for 2 reasons. first, I later found out that this was technically a volition of the proboards TOS and so I immediately stopped working on it, and second, I was able to get the bot to do literally everything else it needed to do, but it wouldn't ever click on the like button.
    2) Test OCR.py is a test thing I made to experiment with Optical Character Recognition, its not particularly impressive but its one of the scripts i still had after my transfer to my new computer and so I decided to include it

3) ReactionBot.py is another small script i made on tf a while back when we first added reactions, because I wanted to see how easy it would be to automatically complete reactions with a script, It could complete reactions in less than a second and its use was banned less than 30 minutes after i finished the code, and then the reactions were changed to only show when you hover your cursor over it

4) huecolorpicker.py is a personal project which was also my first time experimenting with tkinter and gui coding stuff, It is a piece of code I use a lot, and I plan to remake something similar in C# with additional features such as dynamic support for the number of lights rather than hard coding an amount of lights, and also a color picker thing for the lights, and maybe some other automations

TF related pull request things:
    https://github.com/AtlasMediaGroup/TF-Marriage/pull/1
    https://github.com/TotalFreedomMC/TotalFreedomMod/pull/265
    https://github.com/TotalFreedomMC/TotalFreedomMod/pull/264
    https://github.com/AtlasMediaGroup/TotalFreedomMod/pull/1

So one thing I should probably mention before going into this is that, I don't really know java, however, I think I can still be of use to the development team. You see, the coding languages that I primarily work with is python, which i have about 5 or 6 years of experience with, and also C# which while I have only just started learning C# I think that there is some interesting possibilities that we could look into, such as maybe a telnet client using the windows forms stuff or maybe even a desktop application for a panel if we ever decide to re-add that. But, I think for the most part I can help assist people like elmon with other non-plugin related things such as the discord bot, or any other future projects that we might have. Additionally, despite not really knowing java all too well, I am still willing and able to do menial tasks that other developers might put off and not want to do (an example of this can be found here: Link ). Furthermore, while I can't code in java myself, I think I should still be able to interpret and review code using the knowledge I have from working with C#, which while different in many ways, does also share a number of similarities, and also just from coding in general.
    Lastly, I also believe that I can bring some new and creative ideas to the development team as I genuinely do enjoy coding, and love problem solving, which is definitely a good thing to love when coding. Additionally, I work well with teams so I hope that I will be able to collaborate with the rest of the dev team easily without any major issues to the flow of the work.

TFTWPhoenix
    I don't use discord but if you would like to contact me I'm on matrix as:
    @tftwphoenix:matrix.org
    3 - Your previous experience, please do provide links if it's open-source or if not talk us through it:
    MBE - MissingBlox Essentials Plugin for Spigot (let me know what GitHub username to give repo access to. It is currently not public)
    OS Development in C# with Cosmos
    MakeDEB - A program for making DEB folders from some input (simple enough a 3 year old could make it tbh)
    Scratch knowledge - Kinda where i started but who cares
    MakeDEB
    Web Development
    A tiny OS in ASM/C.
    A Minecraft bot in Java.
    A Minecraft bot in JavaScript (check out past versions of it at )The Starbot Archives

And finally a bit of info on how long I've been programming:
    I started around 5 years ago in HTML, but then later switched to C# and Java. Just recently I've been dabbling in C/C++ and Assembly

I've been interested in programming in a group for a long time. My previous group was the Meteor Client Development Team (MineGame156, Squidoodly, and some others). Minecraft development has been something I've wanted to do recently. I started out with MBE (see above) but then abandoned the project later on as I realized a plugin like that wasn't something I could accomplish on my own. I have tried developing for my own server but I never really had a goal to work toward. Being a part of the totalfreedom development would give me goals to work towards. The last time I had a goal in my programming results I was proud of came from it. I specialize in making stable, and functional code without compromising user experience. Starbot has been my major project for a long time and I'm ready to move Starbot to a side project (it has become a bit of a drag after many versions). I also enjoy solving issues and bugs in code as it is a nice problem solving puzzle.

EDIT: I feel the need to say I do not use Windows 10, I use Ubuntu at the moment. But it doesn't make a difference in my development. I just can't use Windows 10 tools.

• @DragonSlayer2189#2386 Thanks for the application, and apologies it's taken so long to actually reply.

I think at the moment I'm looking for individuals that are a bit more experienced and comfortable around java source code to help expedite the development pipeline. I would certainly encourage you to continue your learning, and once you have a bit more experience around the Java programming side of things I hope you'll consider applying again :)

Wild1145

@TFTWPhoenix#2401 MBE - MissingBlox Essentials Plugin for Spigot (let me know what GitHub username to give repo access to. It is currently not public)

Sorry this has taken ages to actually get back to you on.

Is there any chance you can add me to the repo so I Can have a nosey. My github username is Wild1145

Thanks.

Wild1145

smartnt

Ivan#5821

I used to be a developer for TF, as well as SMP. The SMP plugin was a basic, bare bone plugin I used for shits and giggles that I barely put any effort into, however I made several contributions to the freedom server, including to TFM, minor changes to the server bot (which I’m not going to leak the source code because the project isn’t mine), and more. I also co-founded and owned UMC for a bit, and did some work on there.

A few months ago I was having a rough time trying to secure the PS5, so I used my experience with Java and made a program that I would run from IntelliJ that would open a Chrome WebDriver window and automatically run through the purchase process when executed. The project was going to be shared with Ryan, however I just realized it had credit card information in it and cannot be shared, lol

https://github.com/smartnt/
    https://github.com/unraveledmc
    https://github.com/totalfreedommc

In 2012, I joined TotalFreedom, an 8 year old with no knowledge about Java whatsoever. From running multiple TFM servers to getting to develop for TotalFreedom officially, I have learned so much about coding and gained interest in it. TotalFreedom unfortunately since 2017 has seen a peak downfall in players - which I believe to be such a shame because I joined this server when you were lucky to join if it was full. I want to help contribute to making TotalFreedom a fun, unique experience for players, and make plugins work with TFM to add something new to the server that players can enjoy.

• For future application info - I've updated the questions and going forward Discord is going to be a requirement for developer status.

Wild1145

• @TFTWPhoenix#2401 I've had a look through the repo you shared and some of the other ones you've been working on, and think you would make a great addition to our team, welcome aboard!

If you've got / are willing to use Discord that tends to be where we're primarily communicating, but if not we can sort something out.

Wild1145

• @Ivan#5652 Thanks for re-sharing the updated repo, had a look through and really happy with everything I saw, welcome to the development team :)

Wild1145

• @volleo6144#5654 Is your website, bot or anything like that open source / able to be shared for me to take a look at?

Wild1145