Admin Application - UnderTails

• Have you first read the pre-application checklist (Click Here) and do you meet all the requirements and agree to all the standards within that checklist?:

Yes.

What is your Minecraft name and time zone where you normally are online?

UnderTails, EST (US) I am usually on in the morning and evening

What date did you first join the Total Freedom forum? (MM/DD/YY). - Required 1 month forum registration.

I joined 10/31/20

Do you have a discord account? If yes, post your username#discriminator here. (Not required, but highly suggested).

Yes, UnderTails#6215

What describes you best? Choose student, employed, unemployed, or retired.

Student

Do have any skills such as artistic design, coding, computer security, etc? If Yes, provide detail.

Yes, I am a strong builder, which is why I’m an mb, and I have fairly good leadership skills, and designing skills

How often can you be on the server to perform administrative duties?

Every day, for 5+ hours.

Names of admins that have recommended you?

schultz, DragonSlayer2189, volleo6144  simplynick  Miwojedk @chargenation1158 MEGAF4IL

Do you have a family member or friend that shares your Minecraft account or a Minecraft playing family member with their own Minecraft account who might use our server or forum? (Yes or No). If so, are they presently an admin on Total Freedom? (Yes or No). No.

What personal qualities do you have that would make you a good admin?

I have been considering applying for admin for almost a year now. I genuinely care for and want the best for our server, and I would love to lend a helping hand to the admin team by being there in the hours that others aren’t. I was pushed to apply because I felt like I have been here for a long time and I should just go for it, this is my 8th year playing on this server. I want to help make the server a better place and improve the quality of the experience OPs have.

Being in the east coast US and one of the few early risers on the server I want to be able to help out in the hours where barely any admins are ever online.

What continent do you live on? (e.g. N. America, Europe, Asia, Australia/Oceania).
    North America

Can you handle being an admin without it negatively affecting your school grades, work, family, real life, etc? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied. Yes.

Have you read and understood the note(s) below? (Yes or no). Yes.

Are your accounts secure? Meaning are your passwords strong, not easily brute-forced, and not used across multiple websites? Yes.

• Object - Don't get me wrong, you're very active and I can see that you care about the server - but that shouldn't warrant admin. Earlier this year you said you had no interest in moderating and only wanted to apply for the extra commands that you'd have access to.

• I quite frankly object.

I feel like you would act rashly, and posts on the forum recently come off as really condescending. As well as this, I remember the sheer amount of times you made some kind of post about coreprotect back last year while simultaneously ignoring the devs saying 'we cant do anything'. This shows stubbornness. I also remember you telling me my vote didn't count and that I have no right to last time as I was inactive. Finally, I distinctly remember you making parkour that looked like a swastika. I then banned you for this, and you've been saying about how it was 'unfair' even recently. That makes me also question your judgement.

As well as this, you seem to be perfectly fine flaunting your amount of recs and Discord.

Aight so if yall wanna keep saying 'dont bring up the past' then allow me to explain why I have done so: his attitude has been recently shown to have not changed. The swastika build was brought up by him a while back in which he told me that that he still thinks the ban is bs. As well as this, I used the example of him posting on the forum multiple times about 1 issues which couldn't be resolved because he seems to be doing similar stuff (bringing up multiple of the same suggestion & failing to listen when it's rejected)

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• @Shdwo#19255 I did say that back in April, I said it mainly as a joke, and I was in a bit of a rage about nbt shit at that moment.

I've been wanting to apply for admin for well over a year, and mainly what I'd like to do is help out in the early morning hours when there aren't many admins on, because those hours are usually the times griefers target, and I am usually on then.

But I can understand why that statement from back then could be a problem lol, but no that's not my reason for applying in the slightest bit.

• I object. This is a complicated situation, and I think I am going to end up in disagreement with a lot of people here because I don't weight a player's activity as that important of a criterion when it comes to the qualities that would potentially comprise a good administrator. I think you've contributed a hell of a lot to this community, and you're very active - however, I don't believe you would make the best choices all the time when given administrator permissions. One thing that's keeping me from vouching on this application was an incident that happened a while ago. I found a parkour that looked a bit funny, and when I looked at it from a certain angle, it was in the shape of a swastika. I logged it to find that it was built by you. I don't know why you did this, but it was a lapse in judgement, and admins don't appreciate it when people try to bend the rules like this. I also remember that on that same day people were frustrated because you had left auto-reconnect on to gain activity, and I don't know if that was intentional, but it also was stirring the other players in the activity race up because it was technically allowed, but AFK pools had just been banned so it was pretty clear that the point was you weren't supposed to do it. I'm sure you've changed since the time that this has happened - but I have high standards when it comes to admin applications and this and small factors will change my mind quickly. Despite this piece of evidence being rather dated, there have also been other pieces that have surfaced that are more recent that demonstrate either a lack of maturity or good decision-making, i.e. the screenshot where you said you are "the only player who's played as long as [you have] who hasn't gotten admin," and the screenshot where you suggested that crashing the server was a good way to get people to stop griefing your builds.

• @Panther#19261

I do remember the swastika incident back in october, entirely my fault I made a big mistake in keeping that parkour there, and I was just pretty sour about the whole situation.
    I know I messed up with that and there’s nothing I can do about it now.

In October and November I was using auto afk quite a lot, and I honestly wasn’t even aware of the activity race and when I heard how mad people were getting I reached out to Darth to take me out of it, and I really didn’t have any intentions of cheating.

I eventually stopped using it after then just because of how mad it was making people.

I really do understand why these are big problems, I've made mistakes in the past, and understand your object.

• Could I suggest to folks that everyone will have made mistakes historically, and those players (Such as myself and many others) who have been here for a number of years will have likely clocked up a much higher number of those mistakes. It's not about shitting on someone for the mistakes they made months / years ago, and while yes that will naturally play a factor, I'd encourage people with this and all applications to also look at an applicants more recent behaviour, and what they've done since incidents that may have historically let them down.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @Shdwo#19265 I'm not sure how much I agree with that based off of some of the conversation here, and a lot of it in admin chat. I'm not saying people shouldn't object (And I appreciate people putting actual detailed reasons, it makes a nice change), I'm just suggesting some people who have made those comments have been given the same benefit of the doubt before, and that just because folks aren't perfect doesn't mean we shouldn't give them a chance.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• I'm going to vote neutral for now, but I will leave my opinion.

To be honest, I am clueless as to what your intentions are.

For example, when you said you would do something which Wild wouldn't allow if an admin did it, I revoked my original recommendation on you. You then proceeded to change your mind almost instantly:

Here is another example. Here it seems like you want to apply because you've been on the server for so long and not been an admin:

These conversations are leading me to be clueless regarding your intention for applying for admin. I think what I have said is enough to justify my decision to go neutral.

Edit: Vote changed.

• Can I suggest we refrain from posting shit that only moves to worsen the applicants image while not actually providing any substance to application? Specifically witch-hunting/unsubstantial accounts or screenshots.

As wild1145 has said, we all make mistakes. Stuff that happened a year ago doesn’t define UnderTails as an applicant, shit, I’ve done stuff a year ago that I’m not proud of.

Try and focus on UnderTails' recent behaviour and not some passing comment he made 6 months ago.

• @Ashaz#19269 i think neutral makes sense,

i was mainly saying that because I was trying to justify to myself why I should apply.

I have been playing for 8 years and never become an admin, and I want to help out in the morning hours and I have been in a constant fight against griefers

With my comments back about nrb's they are now pretty pointless seeing as coreprotect was fixed

But they were in the interests of the players who were briefed and I now can see how I was wrong.

A lot of things I have said in the past are being brought up here, and I would like to say my opinions are very fluid, I’m not a static person on the server and anyone who knows me well knows this.

Anyways, understandable reasoning.