Potential New Shop Items

• The shop is in desperate need for items, so I've compiled a list of potential items to add below:

Fun:

• Snowball gun: A gun which shoots snowballs!
    • Paintball gun: A paintball gun which when shot, temporaly changes solid blocks to be a random colored block.
    • Cat gun: /kittycannon, but it doesn't spam cspy
    • Gun: It's a gun, except it shoots fire charges, because we're in minecraft.
    • Bows/Arrows: See below
    • Customizable login messages: Expensive, which will make the players who buy theses more trustworthy, and can still be moderated with gcmd. (Suggested by Shyrix)
    • Customizable logout messages: ^
    • Noteblock music player (Notebot-like)

Bows/Arrows ("Fun" subcategory):

• TP Bow: Bow which teleports you wherever the arrow lands.
    • Rideable Bow: You can ride the arrows it shoots. (Suggested by Lyicx)
    • Exploding Bow: Bow which lets you shoot exploding, yet non-damaging arrows.
    • Arrow particle trail: Lets you have a custom particle trail for the arrows you shoot!
    • Rapid firing bow: A bow which rapidly fires a lot of arrows! They dispawn upon contact with the ground, as to prevent lag.
    • Targetting arrow: Aimbot, gg ez
    • Lighting Bow: This bow lets you shoot lightning!
      I'd also like to suggest, if possible, that those could also be seperate types of arrows we can shoot instead of seperate bows, kind of like tipped arrows. But I'm not sure that's possible.

Cosmetics:

• Rainbow armor: A leather armor that keeps changing between colors!
    • Pets: Pets, such as parrots, wolves, or even non-standard pet mobs that follow you everywhere and can be customizable (name, certain NBT tags like size for slimes, age for wolves, etc). They even survive entity clears, since they can't be dangerous! You can even mount them! (Mount feature suggested by Lyicx)
    • Particle trails: Particles that follow the player, such as hearts or portal particle

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.

• i have also discussed and proposed a few suggestions and think it would increase the value of the totalfreedom coin

vouch

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• @lyicx#18389 makes sense considering you're decreasing the value of the totalfreedom coin. Gotta balance it out.

Vouch.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• When you talk about adding so many shop items, a question comes up: when is something suitable to be a shop item and when should it just be available to everyone? New features are of course a good thing, and some features only make sense as shop items, but I am wary of putting a whole bunch of things behind a paywall just because we can.

• @StevenNL2000#18400 these paywalls are already present in the server as we already have several shop items. There just aren't enough with very little voting insentive.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• @StevenNL2000#18400 I've followed the current model in the shop: They are objects that are not necessary or do not give you an advantage over other players, but can still be used to have fun.

Example: Selling worldedit commands would be unethical. But selling a lightning rod, while it /technically/ could give you an advantage in PvP if you were nitpicky about it, doesn't affect the core experience.

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.

• My philosophy regarding voting and the shop is this: We want players to vote, so we give them a reward for voting (coins). If coins are worth nothing (because there are so few shop items, or someone already has all the items or the items are not appealing) then players don't care and they won't vote. The reality is that most players won't vote out of the kindness of their heart. By player standards, it's not particularly easy (below ten seconds + there are several voting links) and if the reward is not interesting, they don't care.

But I agree with @StevenNL2000#18400 that we need a distinction between a shop item and an everybody feature. Each type of feature available in the shop should be accessible to all players. The shop should be used to make "extra" cosmetics available. For example, the lightning rod is a blaze rod that can summon lightning with a cooldown. All players can give themselves a blaze rod, and all players can execute the command to summon a lightning bolt (as long as they don't spam it - equivalent to the timer cooldown on the shop item). Player particles were also brought up, so I'll use them as another example. What if we gave all players the command to access particle type A and B, and particle formation C and D - possibly rotating which types are available to all players each week to keep it fresh - but put particle type X, Y, and Z, etc in the shop for people to buy. That way, all players have access to some particles that get swapped around, but still leaving room to have reasonable cosmetics in the shop as an incentive for voting.

• Waiting on @"Fleek"#188 and @"Ryan"#1 to comment on the dev side of this. If they deem it viable then I would look to approve this suggestion (after conferring with the ECM) with this mindset -

Darth What if we gave all players the command to access particle type A and B, and particle formation C and D - possibly rotating which types are available to all players each week to keep it fresh - but put particle type X, Y, and Z, etc in the shop for people to buy.