List of removed vanilla features on TF

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Understandably removed:

• Structure Blocks
    • Command Blocks

Bare features:

Technical (but still vanilla):

• Negative attributes
    • Negative colors

This list may be incomplete, feel free to suggest more bellow.

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.

• Vanilla death messages didn't work very well in fairness.

/locate in general is also blocked for no reason.

And can someone with knowledge tell me any good reason to block /gamemode? I know /gmc and /gms are quicker and easier but why stop /gamemode from working on top of that? Just change my gamemode as I wanted to and show me the message for next time.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• @Erin#17801 Because the vanilla gamemode command allows you to switch to spectator mode. But this could be overwritten to simply forbid the spectator gamemode to non-admins.

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.

• @Folfy_Blue#17802 so for clarification the reason game mode is disabled in vanilla pre dates spectator mode and is more because the gamemode command can change other players game modes as does the essentials version. As tfm takes command priority it just is easier there to re write the command.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @Erin#17801 /locate - I blocked it myself a long time ago. I tried it out in the overworld multiple times back when 1.14 came out and it ended up actually crashing the server. Don’t know if this still reproduces

• @wild1145#17836 We might actually want to look into getting the vanilla syntax of /gamemode to work again so that we can use F3+N. That vanilla keyboard shortcut allows you to quickly switch gamemodes, but it is unfortunately hardcoded to use /gamemode and not our custom commands. The same applies to F3+F4.

@Ivan#17848 In 1.16.5, /locate does not cause noticeable lag in my testing.

• you forgot about books. Why are they banned though? Im pretty sure they can't even be used to bypass the command limit. total 1984 moment