Replace /marry with a proper friend system

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • (I thought I already wrote this suggestion but couldn't find it anywhere so...)
    I am not sure why /marry is a thing on TF, but, I'm suggesting to replace it with a network-wide friend system.
    Here are some commands I thought out:
    /friend ...

• add Sends a friend request to a player
    • accept Accepts a friend request from a player
    • list Lists all your friends, alongside your friend requests.
    • tp Teleport to a friend's location, bypassing /tptoggle, kind of like /marry tp
    • tptoggle Disable teleportation for friends as well
    • join Join a friend's server on the network

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.

• I like being married to JenWalters (maybe my alt). Why not just add a friend plugin? I don't see why the two would be mutually exclusive.

I vouch anyway on the basis we keep the marry plugin.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• I object on removing marry as it's one of the least problematic plugins but I'd be interested in a friend and/or party system (as some players use marry to talk privately without having to type the msg command everytime)

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• @UnderTails#17290 FYI this is a thing. It was disabled in network manager though because people moaned that it was a pointless thing for a free op server... Especially when we ha e guilds.

It is easy to re enable...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @wild1145#17305 I thought i remembered there being one!

I would love to have that back personally because guild chat isn’t really enough because with my guild Id like to have a private chat with a couple members and there are usually like 2 or 3 more guild members online who can see our conversation.

I also made a suggestion to add a moderator chat for guilds like an hour ago

• @UnderTails#17306 It's a full on network party system, there's a suggestion somewhere / moaning thread where people demanded it be disabled.

Feel free to raise a thread suggesting it to be enabled, more than happy to toggle it on if people won't take me out and shoot me for it...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

@wild1145#17305 people moaned that it was a pointless thing for a free op server

But not the marry plugin? Many commands only make sense in a survival world 😆

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• @Darth#17370 im sorry what? you guys fought for A FUCKING MARRIAGE PLUGIN???

im actually just trying so hard to hold my laughter in as its unironically the dumbest thing i've ever heard. how the hell did that story go?

vouch btw, should make it clear too i dont want marriage removed

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• @Darth#17370 People had been asking for Marriage since at least 2015, and up until recently people always said "no" to the idea of adding the plugin. From my point of view, the corruption was what allowed the plugin to get added in the first place.

Vouch.

image.png

• @videogamesm12#17378 Except back in the months leading up to Windows' resignation, there was a suggestion regarding the marriage plugin that had around nine pages and large majority vouches. It was ignored for months until after Windows resigned. Adding a plugin that the vote is in favor of is not corruption.