Tag madness

• Tags are getting out of hands, where a user with a short name like "ria" or an average one like "Undertails" fill my chat before I get to actually see any message.
    What could be "<3 [Riadmin] Ria > Ok" is "<3 PlanetRock Inc >> Heir C riadmin riawo » ok"

Or what could be [MB] UnderTails is
    Almost any chat messages with more than two or three words from UnderTails starts a new line in my chat,

What I'm asking for is, could we please disable guild tags per client? As in, if I don't wanna see tags, I could do something like /g toggletags so I don't see any guild tags in chat, while users who didn't opt out can still see them. It'd make chat way more readable.

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.

• I vouch for the freedom of choice of this whether you want to see tags or not

/g toggletags already exists which toggles off g tags globally, so i think you could find a different command for it.

i honestly don’t know if it’s possible to make a way to see chat differently for each person though.

• I actually want to make the even stronger statement that I think we should either have a limitation on the length or have this disabled by default. I really believe that such a cluttered chat can contribute to new players instantly leaving again.

• On top of this and Stevens idea, would there be a way for the two plugins which have tags to be able to communicate with each other and enforce a combined tag length?

So you can have a longer rank tag and shorter guild tag and vice versa, but not both?

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• I'll take a look at adding a combination restriction on guild tags and tags. I believe the best way to approach this is to use a substring method to restrict what is displayed so if the guild tag is abcdef and the tag is ghijklmn, the displayed combination will be something like abcdef ghijkl and if you decide not to display the guild tag or delete the guild tag, the tag will become ghijklmn. This way people won't lose their tags should they choose to remove/disable tags.

Or it can be done the opposite.

• I Vouch. The insanely long tags really do clutter the chat and a toggle at least allows us who don't want to see them to disable them clientside while still retaining the feature for those who want it. I also agree with Video that the guild tag command is redundant, especially since /tag exists in TFM.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• I've raised FS-270 to allow admins to toggle tags for the guild, so when a guild is using stupidly long tags, admins can disable that guild from using tags at all.

FS-271 to set a configurable guilds tag limit generally.

FS-272 to create the ability for the TFM Tag to be rejected if it exceeds an overall length (Total of the user tag and guild tag) and to check on login, purging the tag if the players tag is longer than the configured maximum.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK