React plugin not fully working sometimes.

• Not a massive bug, but a bug nonetheless. Sometimes the react plugin doesn't send your message but also doesn't cancel the timer or give you the coins or anything.

I've relogged and the issue prevails, not sure what causes it or what may fix it.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• @wild1145#17154 Not really sure. I've noticed the issue happened once after I joined on an alt sharing the same IP address, but that may be a coincidence.

• @videogamesm12#17204 given its directly linked into how we manage coins, a separate plugin for this size of feature would have made little to no sense IMHO...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @wild1145#17244 It makes even less sense when at some point the two plugins were separate a few months back. For some reason, however, someone said "hey, let's take this completely unrelated plugin's functionality and shove it into this already oversized plugin! what's the worst that could happen?" and then actually went through with it.

I think the plugin we used back then was ChatReactions, and I'm still scratching my head as for why we didn't just use that instead. We could've configured it to give players coins as shown in the example on the Spigot page: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/chatreaction.3748/

image.png

• @videogamesm12#17245 it'll be because the more plug-ins we have to customize and maintain the harder it is to keep the server running.

Were barely keeping up with tfm maintenance and upgrades... In this case I agree it made a lot more sense for us to build it into tfm rather than a 3rd party especially when it hooks into a bespoke and custom economy system...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @wild1145#17154 I've confirmed today that the issue can be reproduced by joining on an alternate account with the same IP address.