Let ops use flower items in w/e

• So in w/e op's are currently not allowed to use any flower item or grass or anything.

I think everyone should be able to use them and i’m confused what the harm there is in enabling it.

So yeah, enable using plant items in w/e.

• @Ashaz#16564 you can see this sometimes when a lake spawns in a plains biome. Often there's grass (not grass blocks but the grass decoration) floating in mid air. When you update one of them they all break since they're floating.

Someone could set these in one big cube and update 100,000 blocks at the same time.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• We can definitely enable this, but I'm not sure if we can do it without disabling block updates for all plants. That means placing a plant on a grass block and then breaking the grass block will no longer automatically break the plant.

• Can I ask the obvious question.

What's the use-case for needing this in the first place? Just trying to work through in my head when this would actually be used other than to lag the shit out of the server...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @wild1145#17019 My guess is for things like terraforming. Selecting a large area and letting WE place flowers in a certain pattern instead of having to place them one by one.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• @UnderTails#17076 Huh replacing those blocks with air shouldn't cause problems, only the reverse... maybe the problem is the way the restriction is coded as it can't discriminate the type of action but just looks at the blocks used in the pattern.

• @UnderTails#17076 Ahh I'm with you now. That's what I was missing. Had not occurred to me that you'd be using it in combination with other blocks.

Given we've done something similar with Worldedit to facilitate placing items that can fall (Thus killing TPS / clients) it would be good to do something similar here.

Fleek would appreciate your thoughts on if we can do this without risking lagging the shit out of the server...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @UnderTails#17082 SteveNL2000 has said disabling block updates would solve the risk of crashing the server by causing a chain reaction when flowers don't have grass under them but as this would change server's game rules it needs prior approval.

• @wild1145#17085 We could but we could also suffer other consequences with other block updates if we were to disable the whole thing. Sure we can add a check to make sure the block placed is X but then we'll have to make it configurable but the configuration is a mess (to be honest) - we should avoid hardcoding stuff into TFM.

• @Fleek#17237 I don't think we can do a lot about the configuration because TFM is at least 10 plugins merged into 1, so the config file will be at least 10 times the normal size. Selectively canceling block updates for certain blocks sounds like the only real solution to this problem.