• There seem to be a few issues around image upload sizing, I'll look into it... I don't want them too large as it'll just waste server space but I agree that 500Kb is pretty low.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• i think that, at least for banner sizes, about 5mbs or so should be a good amount, I set up this fairly high quality image using the max banner dimensions as a test for my banner, and with no compression or anything, the file size was about 4mbs

for the attachments on actual threads though, i think somewhere between 8 to 10mbs might be better

also 100kb avatars are kinda a bruh although i think it auto compresses it or something because i was able to use a 1mb pfp just fine

• @wild1145#16407 We completely disabled file attachments in ProBoards in July 2019 and did not get any complaints. I would suggest doing that in WoltLab as well since it will save you a lot of disk space over time. It also bypasses the issue of old posts breaking because attachments were purged.

• @StevenNL2000#16522 Yeah, that's true. I think at the moment attachments will be auto-deleted after 90 days so blocking them entirely might make more sense, at least for post ones as you say anyway.

Especially given currently the only restriction on embedding external content is that it's on a secure end-point (Valid TLS Cert for https://) rather than enabling any sort of whitelisting, it shouldn't be too hard for folks to upload their stuff, hell just throw it in a Discord server, they never actually delete images when you delete them from the chat anyway!

Size wise for profile pics and such I'll look at, we just need to strike a balance because I don't want the forum taking 20 mins to load for folks like me on shit internet because it's got to download 2GB in images or some nonsense!

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK