Excellentgamer1 admin application

• 1.Have you first read the pre-application checklist (Click Here) and do you meet all the requirements and agree to all the standards within that checklist? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied.
    yes
    2.What is your Minecraft name and time zone where you normally are online? (e.g. GMT+1:00 or MST). - Your Minecraft name must match your forum name or your Minecraft name must be in your forum profile.
    Excellentgamer1 gmt
    3.What date did you first join the Total Freedom forum? (MM/DD/YY). - Required 1 month forum registration.
    29th January 2021
    4.Do you have a discord account? If yes, post your username#discriminator here. (Not required, but highly suggested).

5.What describes you best? Choose student, employed, unemployed, or retired.
    Student
    6.Do have any skills such as artistic design, coding, computer security, etc? If Yes, provide detail.
    No
    7.How often can you be on the server to perform administrative duties? State either daily, several times a week, once or twice a week, or less than once a week. We realize that school or work will prevent constant service.
    Daily
    8.Names of admins that have recommended you? (Must pm admin(s) to confirm recommendation.) - Required atleast 1 recommendation from an Admin or a Senior Admin.
    You!
    9.Do you have a family member or friend that shares your Minecraft account or a Minecraft playing family member with their own Minecraft account who might use our server or forum? (Yes or No). If so, are they presently an admin on Total Freedom? (Yes or No).
    Yes but they are not presently a admin.
    10.What personal qualities do you have that would make you a good admin? (Answer with a short paragraph).
    I am kind and always ready to help, I am also staff on another server so I have experience.
    11.What continent do you live on? (e.g. N. America, Europe, Asia, Australia/Oceania).
    Europe
    12.Can you handle being an admin without it negatively affecting your school grades, work, family, real life, etc? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied. Yes

13.Have you read and understood the note(s) below? (Yes or no).
    Yes
    14.Are your accounts secure? Meaning are your passwords strong, not easily brute-forced, and not used across multiple websites? Yes

Note 1: If an admin asks you a direct question, you should reply. If an admin objects and give reasons that you believe are incorrect, you may reply to state why you believe the reasons are incorrect; do not rage or get dramatic - just state facts and do not reply more than once; no debates.

• I'd just like to comment one thing I've seen frequently on applications, admin mainly as well as a few MBs albeit not recently.

Being active doesn't necessarily constitute being a good admin and we need to stop vouching/recommending players for positions based on the fact that they're active. Nathaniel_428 for example was and probably still is active, but that wouldn't make him a good admin.

Obviously, activity is a desirable trait but it shouldn't really be the sole trait. If they have admin qualities and is active then sure.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• Object, you just aren't mature enough for a staffing role yet. I'd recommend you take more than a month break after this application as not much about your behaviour is changing and there's no reason to reapply so soon when there's no change in circumstance to make people suddenly vouch

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Could I ask here and as a general rule of thumb that if individuals wish to object, could they please include some sort of reason why.

It's of no value to me as an owner, the eao or the candidate if everyone just says object without any reasoning why.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @wild1145#16472 honestly reasoning should be required to vouch too, I've seen a fair few users on this forum vouching on every application and appeal without reason even when there's few grounds to do so.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• I have concerns about his maturity and judgement. I feel that his naive nature would negatively affect his judgement and his overall performance as an administrator. If he were to maintain a mature and clear judgement, then I would have vouched. Currently, I feel that this applicant lacks both of these.

Also, can we please not approve applicants on the basis that they are active or that they have ambition alone? This mindset can and will lead to many poor quality admins. An admin can be incredibly active, but what good is that if they don't have a clear enough judgement to make well thought-out decisions?

Object.

image.png

• @Erin#16473 I don't disagree, just trying to get progress one step at a time, and people seem to be happy to object quite often without reading the OP / suggestion / app at all, so trying to remove that first, then we can start to deal with people vouching without a reason :)

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK