Suggestion about indefinite ban self-requests

• If we are going to have self-requested indefinite bans (which I have no problem with), I think that there should be a clear policy about how these are issued. At the moment, I can't find any policy that backs them (in fact, I can only see a policy that implicitly forbids them in "Players can only be indefinitely banned for committing one or more offenses from category 1 of the conduct policy" on the indefinite ban template).

I propose the following things:
    (1) Making it explicit in the Indefinite ban request template policy details of the following:

• How an individual may go about making a self-request e.g. "make a thread" or "ask an admin"
    • Conditions on being unbanned from a self-request e.g. "A person banned under a self-request must fill in an indefinite ban release form to be unbanned, and will not be unbanned for the requested length of the ban, which must be at least X days."
      Also perhaps note that self-requests are granted at the Indefinite Ban Manager's discretion (to deal with people who are abusing the system e.g. attention-seekers). I envisage this being used after people object on a request.

(2) Indefinite ban requests on the user may still be made based on the conduct of the user, irrespective of whether they have self-requested a ban. This stops the possibility (which so far, I have not seen) of people self-requesting a ban to avoid a punishment.

To make it clear, I am only suggesting this because I have seen a slight increase in these types of requests - I am certainly not suggesting that there is attention-seeking or attempts to avoid punishment in these recent requests.

• Incorporating this requires quite a lot of rewriting, so I am posting it here before making it official:

@StevenNL2000#16568 However, at most one self request can be submitted per 3 months.

Im not entirely sure about this bit, i can see why you would want a limit like that so that way people dont spam self requests, however, i also think that it might not be the best idea to have something like that since typically self requests are for if a person is having some mental issues and needs to step back from the server for a while, and mental health is something that can change pretty rapidly, so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• @DragonSlayer2189#16580 If a person knows that they are subject to rapid mental health swings, I think it would be better both for us and for them to keep them off the server consistently for a longer period of time rather than constantly ban and unban them. However, I am not against getting rid of the formal limitation and simply focusing on the justification the player gives.