TFGuilds Rewrite

• As some of you may know, we are planning to rewrite TFGuilds - I want to get people's suggestions on how we can improve TFGuilds.

With the rewrite, a lot of things will change but the data will and should not be impacted (we will be changing how we store the data though).

@Fleek#15736 we will be changing how we store the data though).

When you say that, do you mean just changing the way that the database itself is structured or do you mean changing the actual format such as going from SQLite to MySQL or something

• It should be based of UUIDs and not usernames because there are like 10 permbanned people who got banned in like november in my guild who I cannot kick.

/g warps is broken and I seem to only be able to create 1 warp at a time, if i set a warp the other one disappears.

I think a new command should be added /g claim where you can claim land for your guild and only members and people who you add to the guild territory can access. Sort of like a worldguard region or the way plots work.

I think you should make a command /g ally (guildname) where you can ally your guild to another guild, and then /g achat or /g allychat so you can talk to people from the other guild privately.

Yeah that’s a lot of stuff we can add and improve in my opinion

@UnderTails#15874 It should be based of UUIDs and not usernames because there are like 10 permbanned people who got banned in like november in my guild who I cannot kick.

It has been using UUID for a bit now (since January I believe it was).

@UnderTails#15874 /g warps is broken and I seem to only be able to create 1 warp at a time, if i set a warp the other one disappears.

It will still save but it was a mistake on my behalf trying to optimise the plugin (it was hard to do since it was a mess).

@UnderTails#15874 I think a new command should be added /g claim where you can claim land for your guild and only members and people who you add to the guild territory can access. Sort of like a worldguard region or the way plots work.

I can implement something like that but I don't think that's ideal - will need community's input on this.

@UnderTails#15874 I think you should make a command /g ally (guildname) where you can ally your guild to another guild, and then /g achat or /g allychat so you can talk to people from the other guild privately.

I like this idea.

@Fleek#15875 I can implement something like that but I don't think that's ideal - will need community's input on this.

If something like this is added, I don't really see the difference between TFGuilds and Towny anymore. I think using a customized version of Towny would actually save a lot of development headaches related to TFGuilds.

• I’d like to see some form of discord to guild integration. Perhaps discord users could have a role indicating their guild, and the process would be autonomous.

I'd also like to see a guild mascot selector, and when you enter a guild's territory, the guild name and mascot shows.

Perhaps we could have a system of guild kits. These kits would only be accessible to members within the guild it’s connected to.

Hierarchy locked guild regions. If we take the guild The Imperium for example, I think only the Emperor should be able to access the Emperor's Quarters in his castle. There should be guild rank regions, like a way for only a certain rank to be able to access a certain place within the guild territory.

@Fleek#15875 I can implement something like that but I don't think that's ideal - will need community's input on this.

This isn't something I'm willing to approve or allow... It causes problems enough on non-FreeOP Servers, and our current WorldGuard regions that some guilds have are already a major major pain. If you want to build on the FreeOP server outside of plot worlds then the risk is accepted someone might come to fuck with you / your stuff.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

@redeastwood#16283 I’d like to see some form of discord to guild integration. Perhaps discord users could have a role indicating their guild, and the process would be autonomous.

Please come up with a proposal - we might create a new bot for guilds.

@redeastwood#16283 I'd also like to see a guild mascot selector, and when you enter a guild's territory, the guild name and mascot shows.

Not a bad idea but it's up to wild1145 given his last post.

@redeastwood#16283 Perhaps we could have a system of guild kits. These kits would only be accessible to members within the guild it’s connected to.

Along with the ally and merge feature, I think we can implement that in the new version of TFGuilds 2021.06

@redeastwood#16283 Hierarchy locked guild regions. If we take the guild The Imperium for example, I think only the Emperor should be able to access the Emperor's Quarters in his castle. There should be guild rank regions, like a way for only a certain rank to be able to access a certain place within the guild territory.

wild1145#16284 <- See the reply from Ryan. Due to his disapproval, I will not implement regions related suggestions.

• @wild1145#16284 As a guild leader we don’t like having regions, it sucks for us to getting an admin to add people to the region but until coreprotect is fixed it’s our only method of keeping our stuff safe.

The day it gets fixed I will happily get our region deleted.

I never cared the slightest bit about griefs and our base we completely open to the public because we had a plugin to fix griefs

Unfortunately we don’t anymore and thanks to that our region is necessary.