Remove the verification system

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • As many of you are aware, Total Freedom is now a premium server. This effectively renders the verification system moot, and I know many members have had issues with the system in the past. This thread calls for the system to be removed entirely. Please vouch or object below.

EDIT ONE
    Based on suggestions - I now propose we set the verification system as an optional part of TFM. We would disable it on TF, but still have all the code for it to work if enabled. This is because if a server would want to use TFM and be cracked, the verify feature could come in handy.

EDIT TWO

So it seems that people have divided themselves into those who want the system removed entirely, and those who want a toggle feature. I have listed what individual members are voting for below.

Remove entirely : Telesphoreo , Darth , Luke , elmon , lyicx

Set as an option : @hyfae , eso , wild1145

* If you do vouch, please specify if you would like to remove the system in its entirety, or just make it optional.**

• vouch, whether it remains an option in TFM or not doesn't concern me personally so i dont really have a valid take on that specifically im just not keen on having it in TF anymore

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• I'm more than happy for us to disable it especially in the shorter term. Longer term while I'm not expecting us to move back to Offline mode for various reasons I'd equally say let's just not remove it from TFM as it stands, and if the developers add it to the re-write or not is their call and if we do need it again it can be re-visited then. I'm not sure it's worth spending dev effort removing something that should in theory work, it can just cease to be formally supported...

Does that sound fair?

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

@wild1145#1133 I'm not sure it's worth spending dev effort removing something that should in theory work, it can just cease to be formally supported...

@Telesphoreo#1127 Let me clarify that I suggest removing it all together as it's one of the main factors in why TFM is so bloated. I already fixed the impostor issue. The impostor system already has a toggle as it's linked to discord.

Keep in mind a key developer actually said he would rather just remove the entire system. Apparently it bloats the mod.

• @Telesphoreo#1135 Yeah, my thought is if we don't need it, let's not waste time pulling it from TFM, let's just disable it and not support it, then if we do at some point in the future want to re-visit this then we can.

Wild1145

• @redeastwood#1134 My understanding is TFM is in the process of being re-written, so probably doesn't make sense to go to the effort of removing a verification system which I suspect is fairly deeply embedded within the TFM plugin, when they can just turn it off and not built it as part of the new one?

Wild1145

• @Telesphoreo#1149 Whatever you think is best then, I'm just looking at it more from an effort to get it working again if we do go to offline mode again (Which isn't something I'm concerning myself with majorly anyway atm but is a thought.). I'm happy to go with whatever works best for you.

Wild1145

• I've approved this on the grounds of the system being able to be enabled / disabled in config.

I've raised FS-5 to track this work.

Wild1145