Add a message to new players that we are not an anarchy server

• So whenever a new player joins the server 80% of the time they ask "is this server anarchy" or other basic questions about the rules

we should add a message at the bottom of the join messages that everyone gets, but just for new players

in bright red "“We are NOT an anarchy server, read /rules!"

so yeah

i think this would stop a lot of rule breakers from doing anything and overall make new players experiences better by simply understanding we have rules.

• I vouch, So many people join an grief and trollpot and shit like that, it gets annoying after a bit.

• @Ashaz#14752 Interesting, sure I've seen it tell you to when you joined, maybe that's just first join then. But either way the point is people don't read it anyway, they'll still ask or assume.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @UnderTails#14753 I disagree. We're also not a survival, KitPVP, Skyblocks etc etc etc, but we don't list those?

The reason people confuse us for an anarchy server is because we've always historically (At least before Seth took over running the server) closer to Anarchy than a build server... That's just the nature of the player base we've had, that's not going to change even if you do put something in the MOTD, which as I say I don't think people bother to read anyway.

Wild1145

• @StevenNL2000#14757 fwiw I've only added the messages about the freedom servers. Everything else is as it has been for months. Agree we should make it more obvious that there are rules even if folks don't read it often anyway.

Wild1145

• So I've taken a look at the Essentials MOTD

Code
    &6Welcome, {PLAYER}&6!  
    &4&lYou are playing on FREEDOM-02 - Maps are reguarly wiped  
    &dPlease Use WorldEdit to save your builds  
    &6Type &c/help&6 for a list of commands.  
    &6Type &c/list&6 to see who else is online.  
    &6Players online:&c {ONLINE} &6- World time:&c {WORLDTIME12}  
    &aUse /freedom-01 to go to the standard FreeOP Server  

I'll add a line in there like the /help and /list lines to tell people to use /rules to read the rules.

Related to this I think RedEastWood is working with Fleek on a new MOTD type thing for players on first join, where we can make this even more clear.

Approved (Despite my arguments on here). Should now be live on Freedom-01 and 02.

Wild1145