Admin Application - riacx/riannex

• Have you first read the pre-application checklist (Click Here) and do you meet all the requirements and agree to all the standards within that checklist? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied.
    yes
    What is your Minecraft name and time zone where you normally are online? (e.g. GMT+1:00 or MST). - Your Minecraft name must match your forum name or your Minecraft name must be in your forum profile.
    Riacx (was riannesx), −05:00
    What date did you first join the Total Freedom forum? (MM/DD/YY). - Required 1 month forum registration.
    11/1/2020
    Do you have a discord account? If yes, post your username#discriminator here. (Not required, but highly suggested).
    Ria#1891
    What describes you best? Choose student, employed, unemployed, or retired.
    student
    Do have any skills such as artistic design, coding, computer security, etc? If Yes, provide detail.
    no
    How often can you be on the server to perform administrative duties? State either daily, several times a week, once or twice a week, or less than once a week. We realize that school or work will prevent constant service.
    several times a week
    Names of admins that have recommended you? (Must pm admin(s) to confirm recommendation.) - Required atleast 1 recommendation from an Admin or a Senior Admin.
    schultz and Shdwo
    Do you have a family member or friend that shares your Minecraft account or a Minecraft playing family member with their own Minecraft account who might use our server or forum? (Yes or No). If so, are they presently an admin on Total Freedom? (Yes or No).
    no
    What personal qualities do you have that would make you a good admin? (Answer with a short paragraph).
    I am nice, active, and talk well with other admins. I would also be happy to help out on the server.
    What continent do you live on? (e.g. N. America, Europe, Asia, Australia/Oceania).
    North America
    Can you handle being an admin without it negatively affecting your school grades, work, family, real life, etc? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied.
    yes
    Have you read and understood the note(s) below? (Yes or no).
    yes
    Are your accounts secure? Meaning are your passwords strong, not easily brute-forced, and not used across multiple websites?
    yes

• Object. This user constantly posts fake official messages in the freedom-01 general chat, causing players to believe what she said was an official TF announcement or the likes.

[url=https://ibb.co/1sxq7Xh][/url] [url=https://ibb.co/rpvGv4J][/url] [url=https://ibb.co/KbGgfGB][/url]

I was actually just about to make a thread on this, and call this user out for doing it. This is quite a serious offence in my opinion, it is formatted in such a way that users would not know that this message was posted by Rianne. This is quite literally impersonating the entire server announcement system, something that I deem a subsection of conduct policy 1D. This user is in no way fit to be admin having done this as recently as last week.

@redeastwood#12779 it is formatted in such a way that users would not know that this message was posted by Rianne.

I feel that you're making a mountain out of a molehill here.

@redeastwood#12779 This is quite literally impersonating the entire server announcement system, something that I deem a subsection of conduct policy 1D.

You can do this exact thing with /me by nicking yourself as [TotalFreedom] with the same colors, and then sending a message with similar formatting. At maximum you'd be smitten for this. At minimum you'd get told to stop it.

image.png

• @videogamesm12#12780 I don’t really believe I am, if a new user joined and saw an announcement that said "Void is a polish cow", what would they think?

You're right in saying that if done in game, the user would be smitten - but if done repeatedly, they would most certainly be banned.

@redeastwood#12781 I don’t really believe I am, if a new user joined and saw an announcement that said "Void is a polish cow", what would they think?

I'd think they wouldn't really care. It's not like it's imposing as an official announcement (such as on Twitter) or anything like that.

@redeastwood#12781 You're right in saying that if done in game, the user would be smitten - but if done repeatedly, they would most certainly be banned.

You're correct - however I don't see why you'd ban someone for having a laugh when admins literally do the same goofy shit with the /announce and /rawsay commands.

image.png

• @redeastwood#12779

I think this is a rather minor reason to be objecting, this user has been warned about this and I haven't seen them repeat it since. All of the provided screenshots were from about 2 months ago so it really looks like you're pushing for a reason here.

Vouch + Rec confirmed, this op has been dedicated to the TF community for a while now and I feel they have great potential as an admin

Read below for my updated vote.

• Vouch + recommendation: you are very active, you are mature, and you'd obviously know what you're doing when handling admin permissions, as you've done so before with TFM on other servers. I'd like to reflect Video's point that to object because of the "fake messages" thing is overblowing something that is normal server activity rather than a deterring quality.

• I think red's reasonings are half valid and half invalid. He might be right about fake [TotalFreedom] announcements, but as long OPs as well as admins are fine with that, then they can do that for fun. But still, try to be a little careful.
    (if you dont understand my reasonings, then im sorry but i have bad english)

Vouch