Remove ProjectKorra

• It's time somebody finally made this suggestion. It's going to be controversial but it has to be done. I get a lot of you disagree with me on this, but especially if you do, please read this entire post. To me, ProjectKorra has been nothing but an annoyance since it was added. It was a gimmick that lasted about a few weeks for most people and then got stale.

Let's say you simply want to opt out of bending as much as possible and attempt to tone down its pesky effects. Well, for starters, you could just run /b invincible. Sounds easy, right? Oops! You forgot to add bloodbending to yourself, because for some reason, it works on people who disabled bending. So you run /b add blood and move on. Uh-oh, there's still an annoying scoreboard at the side of your screen! To disable that, you need to run /projectaddons bendingboard. Whoops, all of that was pointless anyway, since some invisible chump keeps shooting fireballs and spewing lava everywhere right next to you, which is griefing protected builds, and somehow lasts until the plugin is reloaded! At least you can punish the people doing it, right? Nope! It's all untraceable. And to top it off, the server has turned into a lag carnival because bending can cause massive amounts of server lag.

You can fix some of these problems by properly configuring ProjectKorra, (i.e. disabling bending effects that cause temporary grief, disabling ops' ability to toggle everyone's bending,) but at that point you're picking fly shit out of pepper. Pretty much all of the bending abilities always wind up being used to annoy people to some degree, and it just needs to go. I get people still use it and it's a feature for ops, but we've reached the point where it is a lot less fun for a few people than it is irritating for everyone else.

• Vouch. In the past I voted neutral because I only thought its problems were annoying. However, I realize now that this has to go.

On a side note, the defense that the server "needs more features" is true, however we have a backlog of blocked commands and features we could enable that are blocked because of problems that can be easily fixed (disabling gravity for sand) or mitigated (adding additional checks to teleportation events for when one tries to teleport to another player in Spectator Mode).

image.png

• What if instead we had a huge bending arena for where only bending works.
    So if you wanna have a bending battle it only works in the arena.
    I think there is a flag in Worldguard that would enable this.
    We could have the ECD build it, oh wait they do fuckall anyway.
    We do have a good MB team so that should be g.

• This isn't the first time this has been suggested. There are other threads on here that would be worth reading where this argument had happened before.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• i think i've gotten a general consensus lately that bending kinda died out a bit and isn't used as much legitimately anymore. on one hand yeah from what i hear from most people bending is unstable and a bit trashy and can be used for trolling/griefing and thats obviously not the greatest thing.

on the other end of the spectrum, i think we were planning to or have done used it as an advertising as a feature. but i think i want the ability to do more within the server as i did discuss with video briefly and he mentions (like here) about what is currently blocked which would be nice if we could find a way to unblock some of these things at somepoint as looking at previous threads and convos i see a bit of a trend of people wanting things unblocked to stay true to the free-op nature.

@videogamesm12#12702 On a side note, the defense that the server "needs more features" is true, however we have a backlog of blocked commands and features we could enable that are blocked because of problems that can be easily fixed (disabling gravity for sand) or mitigated (adding additional checks to teleportation events for when one tries to teleport to another player in Spectator Mode).

i dont know this is just my thoughts on the thread. im neutral and aint one with an actual verdict

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• @videogamesm12#12702 Can you create a list (if not already done) with those commands so we can go through and see what needs to be done?

As of the removal of ProjectKorra, it should be the last resort given the plugin is open source which allows us to modify to fit our needs - we should at least modify the plugin first.