Interim ESL Privileges

• @Fleek#12300 I beg to differ. If you can provide me with any reason as to why this change is negative in any regard, I’d welcome it. Me and Lyicx are more than capable bettering the server. Lyicx has been a server liaison for ages, and I’ve been one for a month. I truly cannot see how this suggestion is negative in any way.

Me and Lyicx have a set of ideas that we will be putting into motion as server liaisons. It is our job, and our job doesn’t include waiting on something that could presumably take months.

• @redeastwood#12303 I'm not saying the suggestion is negative, I'm just more thinking of the future when we elect a new ESL (or if Darth comes back) and they don't agree with the change, it will get messy. The only reason I put this out is so any major changes can transit smoothly with the new ESL.

• I’m fairly certain that historically stand-in execs haven’t been allowed to make changes because that’s not their job, their job is to keep things running smoothly until a new exec is appointed. I think it’s pretty inappropriate to be taking advantage of Darth's removal and pushing changes you see fit when it’s not really your place imo

@elmon#12309 I think it’s pretty inappropriate to be taking advantage of Darth's removal and pushing changes you see fit when it’s not really your place imo

If I’m being brutally honest, I’m fed up of this stagnant stage we are in. I am doing everything I can do revive the server and get players back. You don’t have half a clue as to the amount of work I’ve put in as ESL, even using a substantial amount of my own funds for this. To do all of this and for you to tell me that "it’s not my place" is essentially a slap on the face. I have half a mind to just wipe my hands clean and let you all stay in this player drought, but frankly I’ve put in too much work already to do that. If you have an issue with this policy (one that really isn’t even that big, and involved me literally writing up about ten documents), get Ryan to stop me.

• To be fair, I agree with Elmon. I appreciate that you just want to get the job going, however such big changes should probably only be made when you’ve/another person (if there is a vote) been permanently voted in.

• @elmon#12309 I feel your judgement is very lapsed, you're essentially saying to hold off all current endeavours until a new ESL is appointed which will in no way benefit the server in the mean time. Maybe if you stepped back and took a look at the server now and then you'd notice the problem we face. I'm sorry but when your playtime is about equal to Window's activeness, you can't give a valid judgement on this.

I've witnessed red's dedication to this problem and I feel he is more than appropriate to solve it, with him as prior assistant to Darth and current Server Liaison. If a temporary substitute team can't do anything in any way, then what's the point of fulfilling that position in the first place?

That's honestly a really shitty thing to say.

• @Shdwo#12319
    @fleshly#12321

I feel like you guys have a fundamental misunderstanding of what it means to be a stand in executive. Their job is not to make changes it’s to maintain status quo temporarily. I don’t know how me saying that has somehow been twisted into “the server is fine the way it is and doesn’t need changes" which i find kind of funny.

I would not be allowed to revamp the admin structure if fionn was to resign today. I would be expected to stand in as eao by dealing with reports and processing applications until a new executive is appointed.

@Shdwo#12319 I'm sorry but when your playtime is about equal to Window's activeness, you can't give a valid judgement on this

How is this in any way relevant to the points being made? I am more than capable as is any third party who has nothing to do with totalfreedom to make this judgement.

@Shdwo#12319 I've witnessed red's dedication to this problem and I feel he is more than appropriate to solve it

I appreciate reds dedication to the server and his drive to do good for totalfreedom. I never discredited any of that. I am simply saying it is not his place to make decisions at this moment in time because he is a stand in executive alongside Lyicx.

@Shdwo#12319 If a temporary substitute team can't do anything in any way, then what's the point of fulfilling that position in the first place?

That's honestly a really shitty thing to say

wtf does this even mean? I said they can’t make changes their job is to keep things running...
    Nothing shitty about what I said red is smart enough to take criticism and know what I’m saying isn’t personal.

• @elmon#12331

Yet this isn't as major as revamping the admin structure, it's simply making a beneficial change towards the server which I don't see why that shouldn't be allowed. Maybe they should be allowed to make change if that change is backed up by majority votes.

@elmon#12331 How is this in any way relevant to the points being made? I am more than capable as is any third party who has nothing to do with totalfreedom to make this judgement.

I'm saying that this change should be implemented as soon as possible, why hold out on potential players just for a new ESL to maybe approve it.

@elmon#12331 I appreciate reds dedication to the server and his drive to do good for totalfreedom. I never discredited any of that. I am simply saying it is not his place to make decisions at this moment in time because he is a stand in executive alongside Lyicx.

If no current ESL is present to make changes that could potentially be beneficial, then why shouldn't the stand ins be allowed to make the change for them. From my point of view (and probably the majority of the OP playerbase) the "stand ins" are doing a hell of a lot more than the actual execs.

@elmon#12331 wtf does this even mean? I said they can’t make changes their job is to keep things running...
    Nothing shitty about what I said red is smart enough to take criticism and know what I’m saying isn’t personal.

Doesn't this count as keeping things running? If we're losing out on players, I'd say they'd be doing a pretty shit job at that. Therefor they should be able to do as they see fit, to "keep things running". I never said that Red would take it personally, nor should any other admin if valid criticism is being given.. however stating that it's "not his place" after he's put countless hours of work into developing this plan is a bit harsh.

@Shdwo#12335 Yet this isn't as major as revamping the admin structure, it's simply making a beneficial change towards the server which I don't see why that shouldn't be allowed. Maybe they should be allowed to make change if that change is backed up by majority votes.

It's not about the scale of the decision it's about the concept of bringing change in the middle of a transfer of executive positions.

@Shdwo#12335 I'm saying that this change should be implemented as soon as possible, why hold out on potential players just for a new ESL to maybe approve it.

This is exactly the problem. If the new ESL doesn't approve then it causes unnecessary hassles which is precisely why you don't make changes when you are interim executive.

@elmon#12336 This is exactly the problem. If the new ESL doesn't approve then it causes unnecessary hassles which is precisely why you don't make changes when you are interim executive.

Unnecessary hassles which can easily be disputed with the person who made the change and in this case, easily reversible. However in the mean time, a change like this could be used to gain players while we no longer have a standing ESL, it's up to the new ESL if they feel like removing it.

Even if they disapprove, the players we may potentially get in the mean time would still exist on the server.

• Elmon I asked you this in admin lounge and you failed to reply, probably because you couldn’t find anything. Show me where it says in the exec policy that stand in executives are only there as show pieces to "maintain the status quo".

• @Ashaz#12340 We were literally told we were meant to "take on any outstanding executive duties as part of the ESL" in Ryan's post. If people told me I couldn’t do stuff before obviously I wouldn’t have. This was an outstanding task, and we took it on. I have no idea what the fuck the issue is when we did exactly what Ryan's post allowed us to.