LGBTQ+ Rights / Similar Discussion

• @Darth#11255

If every republican votes against it, then yes, that's how it is.

Have you taken a political science 101 course? I'm assuming you have, but your "that's how it is" comment seems to speak to the contrary. Of course "that's how it is" systemtically, but taking the context of this conversation into account, it's obvious that we're not talking systemics, but politics.

Unity among the people, and the first major legislation was a bill that has support from the majority of americans.

This is false. He has stated a multitude of times that Republican and Democratic lawmakers should come together and has met with plenty on structuring (e.g.) the stimulus plan.

In theory a good idea, but if you piss off Manchin too much he could resign, a republican would be appointed to his seat,

Do you honestly believe this? That a sitting senator would just resign, because the sitting President "forces" him to vote for a certain piece of legislation or he will actively campaign against him. When you get a job, are you going to resign because you disagree with your boss? This, while also assuming that a republican would indeed be appointed to his seat, which is nowhere near a certainty.

Because you cannot strongarm someone who has all the leverage

Except Biden clearly has the political leverage in that his favourability far outweighs a (fairly disliked) senator like Manchin. You speak of these vague notions, but then continue to back them up with circular reasoning.

Americans needed help now,

That "now" was 2 months ago when Biden claimed checks would go out "immediatedly".

and while not ideal, it's better in the long run to make concessions and live to fight another day than risk stalling the bill further.

That's how you shift the overton window further right by conceeding. This was an example under Bill Clinton, Obama and is already an example under Biden. Again, Obamacare was originally a Republican-plan. So no, it is not "better in the long run" and there is more than ample evidence to the contrary.

the Republicans will oppose anything that Democrats want out of spite"

I would assert that this is a lazy interpretation of the these events for the last 10-20 years. If you can gain more political power by simply opposing legislation proposed by the opposing party, then the obvious choice is to do so, and that's what the GOP has been doing thus far, and the Democrats have continued to try and meet them half-way. If two parties are pulling a rope, but then one of the parties decides to meet the other party halfway down the rope, then the other party keeps (gets) more rope.
    Biden is just as bad as Manchin when it comes to "bipartisanship". There is next to nothing good that has come out of bipartisanship.

Still, Biden clearly learned his lesson from his VP days. When the Democrats were crafting the stimulus bill to ease the recession, they spent months "working" with Republicans on a deal, who got the bill heavily watered down, only to vote against it anyways.

You're essentially agreeing with my point above.

ite, missa est: Biden keeps backtracking, which was to be expected of him.

• @Miwojedk#11245 im not trying to say i am a centrist, just insulting both sides (and how capitalism rules both sides?). I also dont support lgbt+ and stuff like that

• @Miwojedk#11377 both candidates are pulocarats who live off sponsorships and cooperate money (that stops them from solving problems like global warming).
    as for lgbtq+ i dont just support sexual deviants

@billy7oblos#11389 as for lgbtq+ i dont support sexual deviants

It demonstrates that you either don't want to or are unable to understand others. LGTBQ+ is not a fetish or a mental illness, they're people with feelings, and you should respect that. If you have any valid reasons for treating your fellow humans like shit just because they don't perfectly align with your beliefs feel free to respond so I can strip them down like a cheap NYC hooker.

• @Darth#11390
    "It demonstrates that you either don't want to or are unable to understand others."
    right back at you buddy. everyone in lgbtq+ is a sexual deviant just like zoophiles and other "fEtIsHes".
    I don't "treat my fellow human being like shit", I treat criminals like criminals and that is that. LGBTQ+ includes a growing number of disgusting 'fetishes' such as maps, furrys and many more 'fetishes' we just made up. saying "its just people with feelings" is pretty stupid btw because we used to kill gays for thousands of years, and the number that we killed was similar to the number of other deviants we killed (such as people who had sex with animals). the only reason lgbtq+ is increasing is because we normalized it, just like we are normalizing pedophilia and zoophilia

@billy7oblos#11406 I don't "treat my fellow human being like shit"

See below.

@billy7oblos#11406 I treat criminals like criminals and that is that.

So you think being gay is a crime?

@billy7oblos#11406 maps

Minor Attracted Persons are not associated with LGBTQ+ at all.

@billy7oblos#11406 furrys

"Furry" is not a sexuality, and does not fall under the same category as LGBTQ+ at all.

@billy7oblos#11406 saying "its just people with feelings" is pretty stupid btw because we used to kill gays for thousands of years,

Good job completely derailing his argument. "We used to kill gays for thousands of years" is a retarded rebuttal to say in response to "they are people with feelings". Just because someone is gay doesn't make them any less of a human. In fact, I'm inclined to believe you actively support violence against those who are LGBTQ+ just for something they don't have a choice in. So much for "not treating my fellow human like shit", right?

@billy7oblos#11406 the only reason lgbtq+ is increasing is because we normalized it, just like we are normalizing pedophilia and zoophilia

Comparing LGBTQ+ to zoophilia and pedophilia is an absolutely retarded assessment. Sucking another person's dick is hardly as bad as someone fucking a dog or a predator grooming a child.

image.png

• @videogamesm12#11408 maps and zoophiles all added themselves to the + in lgbt+, and because lgbt has no leadership they sorta are part of lgbt

@videogamesm12#11408 Just because someone is gay doesn't make them any less of a human.

'being gay' (having gay sex) is a crime, i guess criminals are technically not "less than human" but i never said they were

@videogamesm12#11408 Comparing LGBTQ+ to zoophilia and pedophilia is an absolutely retarded assessment. Sucking another person's dick is hardly as bad as someone fucking a dog or a predator grooming a child.

i never said lgbtq is as bad as rape or molestation, i just said that grooming and zoophilia are both being normalized.

that being said, gay sex is just as unnatural and disgusting as sex with an animal (consent issues? ok a dead animal).

@billy7oblos#11410 'being gay' (having gay sex) is a crime

According to who?

@billy7oblos#11410 i guess criminals are technically not "less than human" but i never said they were

@billy7oblos#11406 I treat criminals like criminals and that is that.

^ You implied it. LGTBQ+ is not a fetish, and certainly doesn't include pedophiles or bestiality.

@billy7oblos#11406 saying "its just people with feelings" is pretty stupid btw because we used to kill gays for thousands of years, and the number that we killed was similar to the number of other deviants we killed (such as people who had sex with animals).

We used to kill people for believing a different religion, and it's been happening for thousands of years. That doesn't make it okay, even if you disagree with their beliefs.

@billy7oblos#11406 the only reason lgbtq+ is increasing is because we normalized it, just like we are normalizing pedophilia and zoophilia

Actually the number of people that would fall under LGTBQ+ has stayed relatively constant throughout history. It's only recently that they have recieved more representation, as people become more educated on those topics.

I fail to see how the type of person people are attracted to is any of your concern unless they're harming someone (not all "zoophiles" have sex with animals, etc).

@billy7oblos#11410 that being said, gay sex is just as unnatural and disgusting as sex with an animal

Again, according to who? Also interesting fact, a lot of animals (of the non-human variety) engage in homosexual behavior.

@billy7oblos#11410 maps and zoophiles all added themselves to the + in lgbt+, and because lgbt has no leadership they sorta are part of lgbt

dude lgbt literally means lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender there is no z or p in it. no "authority" needs to state this because it's literally in the name.
    for the record, I am a lesbian and if you should listen to anyone here about whether pedophiles are lgbt+ or not, it's me. i can tell you with zero hesitation that pedophiles and zoophiles are not lgbt or in any way associated with it

• @billy7oblos#11389

both candidates are pulocarats who live off sponsorships and cooperate money (that stops them from solving problems like global warming).

Agreed. Although sponsorships is the wrong term, in essence I agree with you.

@Darth#11390

It demonstrates that you either don't want to or are unable to understand others. LGTBQ+ is not a fetish or a mental illness, they're people with feelings, and you should respect that. If you have any valid reasons for treating your fellow humans like shit just because they don't perfectly align with your beliefs feel free to respond so I can strip them down like a cheap NYC hooker.

If you wish to argue in good faith, then perhaps it is not a good idea to extrapolate and by extension insult the other party.

@billy7oblos#11406

right back at you buddy. everyone in lgbtq+ is a sexual deviant just like zoophiles and other "fEtIsHes". I don't "treat my fellow human being like shit", I treat criminals like criminals and that is that. LGBTQ+ includes a growing number of disgusting 'fetishes' such as maps, furrys and many more 'fetishes' we just made up. saying "its just people with feelings" is pretty stupid btw because we used to kill gays for thousands of years, and the number that we killed was similar to the number of other deviants we killed (such as people who had sex with animals). the only reason lgbtq+ is increasing is because we normalized it, just like we are normalizing pedophilia and zoophilia

This really depends on what definition of “sexual deviant” you’re going off. The APA defines it as sexual behaviour regarded as significantly different from the stanadards established by a culture or subculture. In terms of most Western civilisation that wouldn’t include homosexuality & transgenderism (they list paraphilia, voyerism & beastiality as some examples). However, if we’re going by the traditional sense of the word “deviant”, as in, something deviating from the norm, then of course you could call them deviants. I also agree with you that the LGBTQ+ movement has trouble with defining who fits underneath the blanket definition and who doesn’t. In that it is a movement with no leadership, but instead a broad grouping and cultural movement for advancing the freedoms and lives of marginalized sexualities and genders. This means, that just about anybody can claim to be apart of said grouping & movement (this including child molesters).
    paiige1_ doesn’t seem to understand your argument, in that you emphazised the “+”-part of LGBTQ+ and the fact that they seem to want to be the arbiter of who fits in the movement and who doesn’t. Fact of the matter is that pedophilia and zoophilia are often viewed as being part of the LGBTQ+-grouping. This doesn’t mean that pedophilia and zoophilia should be accepted cultural norms, but instead that they are marginalized sexual groups (pedophilia doesn’t describe child molestation, but instead sexual attractions towards lil’ kiddies, and zoophilia doesn’t mean fucking your dog doggystyle). If you’re a pedophile in society (especially the US, because of poor public-funding for health & treatment services) you are shunned the moment you make it clear that you’re sexually attracted towards kids, but still wanting help to get rid of your psychiatric disorder. Just like being gay is not a choice, being a pedophile or zoophile is also not a choice.
    I would like to make clear however, that feitishists, zoophiles, pedophiles and the like are the clear outskirts of the LGBTQ+-movement, and are not to be generalized as encompassing the whole grouping and movement.

@billy7oblos#11406

the only reason lgbtq+ is increasing is because we normalized it, just like we are normalizing pedophilia and zoophilia

I want to understand you correctly. Are you insinuating that it’s a bad thing that we normalized transgenderism and homo- and bisexuality + non-binarism? Or are you just stating it as a matter of fact that these things has become more prominent today due to societal acceptance? On the end note: I think it’s a vast oversimplification to claim that society is normalizing pedophilia and zoophilia. If you mean in terms of getting treatment for their disorder, then I guess, but again, I wouldn’t count the US. If you mean in terms of acceptance for either sexuality, then I implore you to actually find mainstream articles that would be an example of this, because I highly disagree with this notion.

videogamesm12

Minor Attracted Persons are not associated with LGBTQ+ at all.

False. See comments above.

videogamesm12#11408

Comparing LGBTQ+ to zoophilia and pedophilia is an absolutely retarded assessment. Sucking another person's dick is hardly as bad as someone fucking a dog or a predator grooming a child.

You’re being uncharitable to his argument. He said that as LGBTQ+ is being culturally normalized actual (sexual) deviations such pedophilia and zoophilia are getting normalized by extension. He never made the comparison between fellatio and doggystyle or kid-fuking.

@billy7oblos#11410

that being said, gay sex is just as unnatural and disgusting as sex with an animal (consent issues? ok a dead animal).

Are you serious lol

@Darth#11413

According to who?

According to the 69+ (nice) countries in the whole criminalizing same-sex relations between consenting adults.

@Darth#11413

You implied it. LGTBQ+ is not a fetish, and certainly doesn't include pedophiles or bestiality.

You don’t get to make that distinction.

@Darth#11413

Actually the number of people that would fall under LGTBQ+ has stayed relatively constant throughout history. It's only recently that they have recieved more representation, as people become more educated on those topics.

False and there is no way you could assess this empirically. As society and culturally we accept sexualities differing from the norm the more people will embrace their sexuality meaning a gradual increase in LGBTQ+. Nobody knows what percentage of the population will be LGBTQ+ once society and culturally we have “completely accepted” (whatever that means) those sexualities and groupings.

• @paiige1_#11423

Fine if that's your personal opinion opinion, but that's not how it's broadly percieved. I could say that it's my personal opinion that all steak comes from a cow, but that's not necessarily true in the general sense.

• @paiige1_#11423 Agreed As well. I believe That There are only two genders, but, i know that someone can have there own personal preferences, For example, someone in my Family is trans, And i can accept that Without Being rude About it

• @Darth#11413

@Darth#11413 ^ You implied it. LGTBQ+ is not a fetish, and certainly doesn't include pedophiles or bestiality.

pedos and zooz are not fetishes either, (I would not call them fetishes) because when you get into a certain mental state it may be hard to leave. What I am trying to say is that pedos and 'zooz' are in the same type of situation as LGBTQ+, and the only reason many members of LGBTQ+ don't accept them is because it is problematic.

@Darth#11413 Actually the number of people that would fall under LGTBQ+ has stayed relatively constant throughout history.

this would be not only impossible to prove but highly unlikely, that 5% of society was secretly gay and did not reveal themselves, somehow managed to suppress their 'sexuality' and be normal while all the while keeping the suicide rate lower than it is not among homosexuals today (now its legalized so in theory the suicide rate would be lower). how does that align with societies in history who scientists think had a much bigger lgbt society than us. Its easy to prove that the number of LGBT people changes based on many factors.

@Darth#11413 I fail to see how the type of person people are attracted to is any of your concern unless they're harming someone (not all "zoophiles" have sex with animals, etc).

with this argument, its ok to have sex with sex dolls fashioned after animals or children; no one gets hurt (so that's a bad argument), also some animals come to humans for sex and even can rape humans, so its not really harming anyone.

@Darth#11413 Again, according to who? Also interesting fact, a lot of animals (of the non-human variety) engage in homosexual behavior.

well according to god/evolution; all major religions oppose LGBTQ+ and it makes no sense from an evolutionary perspective to be attracted to something you cant have kids with

@Miwojedk#11421 Just like being gay is not a choice, being a pedophile or zoophile is also not a choice.

i find this problematic because it kind of implies that these types of mindsets come naturally and it ignores the fact that the amount of people becoming lgbt (and zooz and pedos) is increasing by the day. For thousands of years potential gays have been able to completely overcome their 'attraction' and function as normal straight members of society

I agree that saying "just like we are normalizing pedophilia and zoophilia" is greatly exaggerated, a better statement would be that people are starting to discuss it and start to accept it

to clarify my argument, i am saying that lgbtq and everything in the + is bad because its deviancy from nature, and that we should not accept it from anyone. Also that it is on the same level as beastiallity and pedophilia (if the consent issues were not there)

@billy7oblos#11447 well according to god/evolution

That gets into a whole different argument, but as modern science explains more and more, there's a decreasing need to pin anything we can't explain on a "god" - and either way, the fact that religion says something is (not) okay does not mean it is actually (not) okay.